Tires/Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:01 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tires/Wax

My stock Turanza EL42's seem to vibrate and make a lot of road noise at 40/50 M.P.H.Also the car doesn't seem to handle as well as the "demo" I drove.The dealer wouldn't have put "special" rubber on the demo would they? The salesman said if I had any problems to call him.Does anyone think they will replace the tires,or is it worth it to do it at my on expense??
Old 05-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I don't wax my tires.

If the dealer won't replace the tires, see Bridgestone. Go to the Tire & Wheels forum and check the threads there. If they bother you, I would definitely replace them, as I said in one of those threads.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:53 PM
7th Gear

Thanks Ron. I don't wax my tires either,guess I forgot to mention the wax.Have you ever used Griot's products? Some people with classic cars swear by them. I will call the Acura dealer first about the tires,and if necesary Bridgestone.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:35 PM
You touch my tra la la...

I use Armorall Extreme Tire Shine and it works very well if you want clean/shiny tires.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by SARGE
Thanks Ron. I don't wax my tires either,guess I forgot to mention the wax.Have you ever used Griot's products? Some people with classic cars swear by them. I will call the Acura dealer first about the tires,and if necesary Bridgestone.
Do this as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the harder it will get because Acura won't do anything,and Bridgestone is tightening up its swap/replacement policy.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SARGE
My stock Turanza EL42's seem to vibrate and make a lot of road noise at 40/50 M.P.H.Also the car doesn't seem to handle as well as the "demo" I drove.The dealer wouldn't have put "special" rubber on the demo would they? The salesman said if I had any problems to call him.Does anyone think they will replace the tires,or is it worth it to do it at my on expense??
Can't talk about tires here or this post will be banished to the tires section.

Check out that forum to find all you ever wanted to know about trading your EL-42's in ASAP.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:50 AM
Racer

sarge we live in the same town. where did you buy? pm me with the info. I suggest strongly 'more shine less time' from stoner products. goes on easy and looks great. lasts a long time too. two coats gives a really good gloss. I told my dealer about what I heard here and got him to trade out for michelin pilot sports for 100 dollars a tire trade value.