Tire Vibration At 1500rpms/accelerating Cure!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Tire Vibration At 1500rpms/accelerating Cure!!

Hey Guys
I am new to the TL community.I recently purchased a new 05 TL with 30miles on it about a month ago.From the minute I drove it off the lot i felt a vibration while accelerating and cruising at 1500rpms.I checked tire psi ,rotated the tires myself,deflated the tires to 30psi which made the vibration a little better,but still present.I have been reading the forums here about tires vibrations lately and the possible fixes under acura bulletins.I took my TL back to the dealer last thurs to have the vibration looked at.My advisor openly told me there was some bulletins
pertaining the the kind of vibrations that the TL was experiencing.He called me friday and told me that after performing a roadforce balance on my wheels/tires
that there was 1 tire that would not balance out.He ordered a new one under warranty as the bulletin i read on the forum indicated.I took My car back in today
to have the new bridgestone tire installed.The advisor called me this afternoon
and told me they had installed 4 new michelin pilots(under warranty) on my veh because the vibration was still present after mounting the new bridgestone and roadtesting.(I was still feeling the vibration too prior to dropping it off today). I can tell you for sure that the vibration is completelygone at 1500rpm and at all speeds. Has anyone else had there tires swapped by the dealer under warranty with different tires. If not see what your dealer candn do for you. it definately the bridgestones
Old 03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Cliff's Notes:

Bridgestones still sucky after all these years.

Mike
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tsavoy
Hey Guys
I am new to the TL community.I recently purchased a new 05 TL with 30miles on it about a month ago.From the minute I drove it off the lot i felt a vibration while accelerating and cruising at 1500rpms.I checked tire psi ,rotated the tires myself,deflated the tires to 30psi which made the vibration a little better,but still present.I have been reading the forums here about tires vibrations lately and the possible fixes under acura bulletins.I took my TL back to the dealer last thurs to have the vibration looked at.My advisor openly told me there was some bulletins
pertaining the the kind of vibrations that the TL was experiencing.He called me friday and told me that after performing a roadforce balance on my wheels/tires
that there was 1 tire that would not balance out.He ordered a new one under warranty as the bulletin i read on the forum indicated.I took My car back in today
to have the new bridgestone tire installed.The advisor called me this afternoon
and told me they had installed 4 new michelin pilots(under warranty) on my veh because the vibration was still present after mounting the new bridgestone and roadtesting.(I was still feeling the vibration too prior to dropping it off today). I can tell you for sure that the vibration is completelygone at 1500rpm and at all speeds. Has anyone else had there tires swapped by the dealer under warranty with different tires. If not see what your dealer candn do for you. it definately the bridgestones
I can tell you that it is not due to only the Bridgestones, I have the Michelins and have the same annoying vibration.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

I found out the hard way about Acura's tire replacement update which was given to the dealers this past January. I replaced the Bridgestone Touranzas in February with a set of Toyo Proxes 4. The Bridgestone tires were totally wiped past the wear bars at 17000 miles and that included tire rotation every 5000 miles and easy driving. You should feel lucky that they did not replace your tires with the Bridgestones as they are probably the worst performance tire ever produced by this company. Not only do they get vibration from flat spots after sitting, they are awful if not dangerous on wet pavement!! The Proxes 4 in my opinion is a great tire, and the best I have ever had on wet pavement' and best of all no vibration issues. Hopefully they will last longer than 17000 miles. As for Acura and their tire replacement program, I am probably out of luck. I also ride a motorcycle and in the bike world the Bridgestones are commonly called the "Slipstones"!!!

NHRoadStar