Tien springs and Tokico adjustable struts squeaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tien springs and Tokico adjustable struts squeaking

So, the problem I'm having after installing my new set of Tokico adjustable struts is the damn squeaking noise from my back suspension now. I original had Tien springs with stock struts and had to replace the stock struts because they went bad. I had no noise what so ever from them and they rode awesome. I then purchased a set of Tokico adjustable struts and for the past week they have been making squeaking noises only in the rear. The front don't make a sound at all. I've had them on for about a month or two now. I've also notice that the first two weeks I had them on the ride was so smooth and now when I hit a bump or dip it feels like my damn suspension is about to fall apart lOl... I've tried to adjust them harder or softer to see if the noise would go away and maybe smooth out the ride. At this point I'm not sure what else I should do. Anyone out ther ran into the same problem and can suggest what I can do to fix it. I'm tempted to just buy stock struts again and replace the Tokicos. I've had the dealership look at my suspension already and they said since the springs and struts aren't factory they can't do anything about it. Help please...
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM
All Around Klown

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
is it poly bushings or rubber... if poly then try some silicone grease on them. You also might want to check the tightness of the mounting bolts to make sure there isnt any slight play.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
You have to narrow it down if its both sides of the rear or only one side....if its both maybe you assembled it wrong....contact who you bought it from they can help if they are defective. Removing them and inspecting them would help.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Factory rubber bushings, both sides are squeaking. I bought them from Joshua (Excelerate). I notice the struts say they were for Honda Accord. Would that make a difference? I know there are alot of parts that are interchangeable
Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
Tokico hrs are labeled for the accord but fit the TL also,it's the same shock......if you say it's the bushings try putting other ones.....make sure you assemble them correctly
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Usalinh
So, the problem I'm having after installing my new set of Tokico adjustable struts is the damn squeaking noise from my back suspension now. I original had Tien springs with stock struts and had to replace the stock struts because they went bad. I had no noise what so ever from them and they rode awesome. I then purchased a set of Tokico adjustable struts and for the past week they have been making squeaking noises only in the rear. The front don't make a sound at all. I've had them on for about a month or two now. I've also notice that the first two weeks I had them on the ride was so smooth and now when I hit a bump or dip it feels like my damn suspension is about to fall apart lOl... I've tried to adjust them harder or softer to see if the noise would go away and maybe smooth out the ride. At this point I'm not sure what else I should do. Anyone out ther ran into the same problem and can suggest what I can do to fix it. I'm tempted to just buy stock struts again and replace the Tokicos. I've had the dealership look at my suspension already and they said since the springs and struts aren't factory they can't do anything about it. Help please...
If the suspension feels like it's going to fall apart you need to bring it to a good local shop and have them inspect the suspension. If you are having an issue with squeaking in the rear it might just be the seal getting a bit dried out. Spray some liquid silicone on the shaft where it goes into the seal in the strut body. The Accord/TL shocks are the same.
The following users liked this post:
Usalinh (11-04-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Thanks Josh for the advice. I can't find a reliable place down here to go to and each time I ask them something it sounds like they are trying to get me to get some more work done on the car to get paid