Tein ss issues!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
rollin fattys in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein ss issues!?

i have tein ss on my 05 tl and the back ride pretty good its about 1 inch from the perch being all the wya down and same wit the front i think my damper is 12f/8r and the rear ride so much les bouncy and stiff it feels solid but when i go over bumps in the front i feel like the suspension is maxing out and hittin the bump stops over most bumps it feels like hte damper is set to 1 or softest its annoy the shit outta me. i honestly startin to regreat ever gettin tein i tried rasing it lowering it and messin wit the damper addjustments.

any ideas is everyones car riding better wit very soft settings or stiffer settings. i wanna be able to drive over manholes or over transitions in pavement with out hearing a bang you kno what i mean?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
After 2-3 time reading through your mixed up message it sounds like you have the height set right which means there is no way you are bottoming out.

Although you may have the dampers set to the wrong settings. To confirm the settings 12f and 8 r, you turned the knobs all the way clockwise (to the right) then counted backward 12 and 8? If so you did it correctly. If you tried turning them all the way to the left you did not do it correctly.

Now if you are hearing a banging noise that to me says you probably installed something wrong. You should hear no bangs, clangs, dinks, tinks, tangs, twang, grinds, squeaks, rattles, etc.

Marcus
Old 12-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
I think many of us are counting the other way Marcus

Turn full right as directed- thats 16 max stiff, then left click by click DOWN to softness desired, so 10 clicks down from full would be setting 6

On my 01TL with Tein SS I run the fronts at 6 normal and 3-4 on rough roads
to make it ride soft like new. The rears I leave at 8 but could run at 6 and be softer in town.
Much over 8 is going to make the car bouncy tight, which is fine on the track,,,,
but annoying on the roads
Try resetting both ends the way described here, and see what happens

Raising-lowering isnt going to change the ride quality
Bang over bumps may be from Sway bar end link broken or other suspension problem

As Marcus said - 16 clicks left/counter clockwise from max, (full soft) is as far as you should turn the adjuster- any more messes it up inside the shock
Tein says to go full right before each adjust- just to be safe and know where you are on the range