Tein S Tech springs and XXR 530's '07 base

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
SOLD

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Tein S Tech springs and XXR 530's '07 base

The wifey gave me the ok to pull the trigger on the XXR 530's for fathers day. So I wanna act quickly before she changes her mind. They are going to go on my '07 base TL w/base brakes and suspension. Although, I'm looking to do a simple drop of about 1.4-1.5" w/hopefully Tein S-Tech Springs unless someone has a better option/opinion.
I want the XXR 530 Flat Black 18X8.75 and the rest??
I am not familiar with wheel fitment at all.

I am currently at stock the height with my 07 base. I plan to get the Tein S-Tech Springs as well. I do not want to deal w/any type of fitment work. This is my daily driver and I'm not going to be really modding the car out for tracking or sport driving. Mainly cosmetic w/the drop and rims and the rest of the work that I've already done.

Yes, I need to be spoon fed here. Honestly, my mind's all over the place and I can't make heads or tails of any of this. If anyone could please help me to order the proper wheel and tire specs that will give the best look w/the base brakes and the Tein S-techs.
Should I get the springs first? or the rims and tires? Also, if I go w/the springs, will I need to replace my stock shocks soon? If I do, then, why not just go w/coilovers...right? Should I just hold off, save a little more, pop for coilovers after the rims/wheels? Or vice versa?
Any help is totally appreciated! Thanks!

(I know I posted this same sorta question in the XXR 530 thread...but I realized that was highjacking it or whatever u all call it.)
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
It's hit or miss with lowering springs on stock shocks. I probably have close to 85k miles on my stock shocks with S-Tech springs and they ride fine. If I could do it all over again, I would get coils the first time around. Of course they cost more but having full adjustability would be a blessing

I have a 8.5" wide wheel and due to spacers I have a +25 offset in the rear. Rolled fenders with 235s and I barely clear from rubbing.

What size tires are you looking at? Keep in mind your wheels are 1/4" wider than mine.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:55 PM
SOLD

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Well, I have 77K on my stock shocks and springs right now. So, it looks like if I had to buy 4 new shocks along w/the springs...why not just get the coilovers. And then I get the lowering and adjustabilitly...if needed. Right?

As for the size tire I need/want. I don't know. That's one of the real areas that I need to be spoon fed. Maybe the 8.78 is too wide. I could go down a 1/4". But TBH I don't know what all that'll do for me. As I'm totally new to all this and just wanna lower it w/out having to roll fenders and such. And I don't want to have to do shocks in a month or two.

Yes, I'm a basket case here.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
You will have to roll fenders with the offset of those wheels as they have the same specs as xxr527.......
Try finding some wheels with higher offset....I had the xxr522 in 19" with +35 offset with a mild drop tokico and h&r sport..no rubbing or any problems

You must get new shocks,if you are going to pair with springs....you do it right once,so you don't pay twice to change the shocks,when they blow,and eventually they will. Of coarse there is better option like coilovers but a decent Coilover will cost you about 1k...

Do suspension first...then wheels,that's what I would do....check on eBay there's a seller selling packages of many different springs with tokico shocks at a good price...