Tein H-Tech Springs for 3G 6MT TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tein H-Tech Springs for 3G 6MT TL

I've been doing doing some research for lowering springs that have a subtle drop - little more then the aspec suspension and able to work with the stock shocks. It looks like the Tein H-Tech springs are the best option from a good brand (1inch drop). I wanted to get input from fellow AZ members on what they think about these springs. I'll be lowering a 3G 6MT TL on stock shocks and plan to keep my stock 17" OEM wheels (no plans to upgrade wheels). I read that a camber kit isn't necessary but 4 wheel alignment is recommended.

Also, would my car be too low to take to shops to get worked on (oem jack, lift etc ?) My car has the aspec under body kit. How much should I expect to pay for labor to get these installed - also is there a writeup on how to DIY?

I read about spacers - what exactly are these for - do these get inserted in the wheels to push them out closer to the fender for a more flush look?

I'm able to get these springs for about 180 shipped. Any of our vendors offer better deals then that?

thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Pro

any input?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey project x - i have a 3g TL with the aspec kit and tein htechs on stock shocks. If you are keeping the stock rims it should be ok on most shops. I haven't had a problem at the acura dealerships or any other shops ive been too. The only time i've scraped my lip was getting in and out of my driveway. These springs are pretty good IMO, still keeps the "stock" ride with a nice lower stance. Of course you will hear people saying that you should change the shocks along with your springs but so far, my shocks are still good. And def would need 4 wheel alignment. I dont use spacers so i can't say anything about that...i have 18x8.5 +35 wheels and only at times will it rub with passengers in the back.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by somethingstupid
hey project x - i have a 3g TL with the aspec kit and tein htechs on stock shocks. If you are keeping the stock rims it should be ok on most shops. I haven't had a problem at the acura dealerships or any other shops ive been too. The only time i've scraped my lip was getting in and out of my driveway. These springs are pretty good IMO, still keeps the "stock" ride with a nice lower stance. Of course you will hear people saying that you should change the shocks along with your springs but so far, my shocks are still good. And def would need 4 wheel alignment. I dont use spacers so i can't say anything about that...i have 18x8.5 +35 wheels and only at times will it rub with passengers in the back.
thanks for the reply - do you have any pics of your car with your drop on stock wheels? how much of a drop did you get with these springs/how much of a gap is there between your fender and the tire?

BTW how long have you had these springs on your car? have you noticed them sag or anything? my car just hit 30k miles so my shocks should be in fairly good condition.

TIA