Swift Springs for TL???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swift Springs for TL???

Opak Racing/Spoon Racing recommended that I use Swift Springs because they are lighter and does not compromise the ride. The Springs will lower my car about 1.2 inches.

Link to their site:
http://216.105.56.102/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=91

Has anyone here heard for this company?

Any opinion?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Wow..no response or opinion...

Anyone?
Old 05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Slow down there, tiger! You posted at midnight, so it's no surprise there was no response by the time you bumped it an hour and a half later.

Now, I just poked around their site...where exactly did you get that their springs will fit on the TL; there isn't a link for applications that I could find?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Swift makes coilover upgrade springs for companies such as Endless/Zeal. For example, when you buy Zeal coilovers, you can opt for the Swift springs.

However, I don't think Swift makes OEM-replacement springs.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Slow down there, tiger! You posted at midnight, so it's no surprise there was no response by the time you bumped it an hour and a half later.

Now, I just poked around their site...where exactly did you get that their springs will fit on the TL; there isn't a link for applications that I could find?

chill_dog, it's there. Click on Sport Mach Lowering Springs. Top of the page is the Honda/Acura applications, 3G is 2nd from the bottom.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Hmm, I was way off. I guess they do make OEM-size springs.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
chill_dog, it's there. Click on Sport Mach Lowering Springs. Top of the page is the Honda/Acura applications, 3G is 2nd from the bottom.
Thanks. Must've been off of one of the links on the Technical tab...just tried looking, but the site was running slow and I'm not feeling patient at the moment. Bottom line, another set of springs that can be paired with the Koni's

Neorick - I'd be willing to bet no one here has those springs...want to be a guinea pig?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks. Must've been off of one of the links on the Technical tab...just tried looking, but the site was running slow and I'm not feeling patient at the moment. Bottom line, another set of springs that can be paired with the Koni's

Neorick - I'd be willing to bet no one here has those springs...want to be a guinea pig?
I am thinking of taking one for the team...they are giving me a cost of $215 for set of four. I looked at eibach and comptech and the cost almost the same but they say its lighter. 5lbs lighter each sprind compared to Comptech and Eibach...for a total weight loss of 20lbs. is this good?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

$215 for a set of springs isn't bad, and a 5 lb weight loss is good provided it doesn't affect the structural integrity of the spring, which I'm guessing it doesn't as they've been around a while and that's what they do. Truly only one way to find out
Old 05-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
And the lbs/inch rating isn't that high, so the ride should be comparable to stock. The site says 353 lbs/inch front and 202 rear. What's the stock lbs/inch rating?

I was thinking of cutting the stock coils one coil to lower ride height. It wouldn't change the spring rate just the height of the spring and the car would ride the same.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Finally bit the bullet!!!

It took about 1.5 hours to put in but it is finally done!!!

The ride is the same (smooth) but i do feel the car is more responsive on tight turns and dont feel the car swaying. The car was lower by 1.5 inches but it does not look slammed (which is great). I was told to let it settle for about 300 miles.

Overall, I am very happy and satisfied.

I would recommend it. Edmund of OPAK racing showed me that they are using swift on all theire race cars ( www.opakracing.com ) and they are very satisfied with the handling.

I would recommend it!!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Burning Brakes

How much did they charge for the install?
Old 07-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Old 07-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by whatjones911
How much did they charge for the install?
They charged me $95.00 It took them about 1.5 Hours then test drove it on humps, corners, rough road and freeway to make sure there is no noise. I can help introduce you to them if you are interested and we can ask for discount.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Sorry..I am not digitaly inclined but we have a meet tomorrow and I will ask one of the to take some photos.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Finally....Here are some Pictures of Swift Springs Installed

http://www.costcophotocenter.com/sli...67/t_=30117467

Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Finaly Some Pics of Swifts Installed

My 2004 Acura TL

Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

More Picture of our event on July 29th

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=344052&page=4
Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Pics look good...maybe if you run across a camera again you can get a straight side shot (I'm with you on not being digitally inclined, so I know how it is). Ride is the same as stock? That kind of surprises me ...it's not bouncy?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Pics look good...maybe if you run across a camera again you can get a straight side shot (I'm with you on not being digitally inclined, so I know how it is). Ride is the same as stock? That kind of surprises me ...it's not bouncy?
It rides great...just a tad bit bouncy...I like the fact that for long drives it is still comfortable...They told me that the springs will still settle so give it a few more months.

I can really feel the TL handling on corners are much better and sudden lane change the car is more responsive.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Finally some pics! i agree with chill dog we do need some straight side shots. how do you like those dunlop fm901's? I think they suck really bad in the rain and are very annoying for sound
Old 08-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Neorick
It rides great...just a tad bit bouncy...
Did you change the shocks out? If not, that's probably why it's bouncy and you shocks will probably fail prematurely as well.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

how do you like those dunlop fm901's? I think they suck really bad in the rain and are very annoying for sound
They are bad...too much road noise, the grip is just ok. Just waiting for another year before I swap this mofo.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Racer

It rides great...just a tad bit bouncy...I like the fact that for long drives it is still comfortable...They told me that the springs will still settle so give it a few more months.

I can really feel the TL handling on corners are much better and sudden lane change the car is more responsive.
tad bit bouncy? how would it compare to stock on a 1-10 scale with 1 being way off and 10 being stock ride...thanks and by the way it looks hella nice. that's exactly how much i wanna lower mine by.

also, did you get a camber kit or shocks or anything else? i'm kind of curious if the suspension will be okay with just the springs. thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

I bouncy because it doesn't have matched shocks. If all you care about is lowering the car, and not about the performance aspect than just doing springs is ok. I personally don't know why anybody would do the springs and not do the shocks especially when your doing the job. Like changing a timing belt and not doing the water pump. To my the whole point of doing the suspension if for performance, not to drive around in a lowered bouncing bean like all the other cheap ass civic ricers.

Also the stock shocks are compressed all the time leading to premature failure.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Midnight_TL
tad bit bouncy? how would it compare to stock on a 1-10 scale with 1 being way off and 10 being stock ride...thanks and by the way it looks hella nice. that's exactly how much i wanna lower mine by.

also, did you get a camber kit or shocks or anything else? i'm kind of curious if the suspension will be okay with just the springs. thanks!
The ride is 9 on a scale of 10, I wanted my car lowered but not suffer through the rough ride. I also did not want to make the car too low hence just going with the springs....it decent looking lowered car..not the radical too low look.

I did not get new cambers since the car only went down by 1.2. The aSpec coilover is low to 1.2. They also told me to wait about 300 mile then get it alligned

Originally Posted by HiTEC
I bouncy because it doesn't have matched shocks. If all you care about is lowering the car, and not about the performance aspect than just doing springs is ok.

I personally don't know why anybody would do the springs and not do the shocks especially when your doing the job. Like changing a timing belt and not doing the water pump. To my the whole point of doing the suspension if for performance, not to drive around in a lowered bouncing bean like all the other cheap ass civic ricers.

Also the stock shocks are compressed all the time leading to premature failure.
I respect your opinion and expect the same from you.

I "personally" decided just the springs for now since it is fairly new (the shocks and the car) and OPAK Racing agreed with me on this. I asked them if I am better of with Coilovers and they asked me how I want the ride to feel. I wanted to lower the car but not drastically, just enough for me and to anyone who knows to notice but not sacrifice the ride. In the end to each his own (right?).

This is my car and I make decision based on what i think is right....might not be right for you ..but right for me.

If the shock fails...then so be it...right? I will replace it then....by that time who knows...a better technology might be available that is better than yours..
Old 08-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

The aSpec coilover is low to 1.2.
Yeah, I wish the ASPEC lowered my car 1.2", or even the 1" they claimed. It looks just like every other TL on the road . Oh well, maybe one day I'll do something about that.

Glad to hear the ride is basically the same. I'll have to keep these in mind if and when I change my suspension from ASPEC.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Racer

The ride is 9 on a scale of 10, I wanted my car lowered but not suffer through the rough ride. I also did not want to make the car too low hence just going with the springs....it decent looking lowered car..not the radical too low look.

I did not get new cambers since the car only went down by 1.2. The aSpec coilover is low to 1.2. They also told me to wait about 300 mile then get it alligned

I "personally" decided just the springs for now since it is fairly new (the shocks and the car) and OPAK Racing agreed with me on this. I asked them if I am better of with Coilovers and they asked me how I want the ride to feel. I wanted to lower the car but not drastically, just enough for me and to anyone who knows to notice but not sacrifice the ride. In the end to each his own (right?).

This is my car and I make decision based on what i think is right....might not be right for you ..but right for me.

If the shock fails...then so be it...right? I will replace it then....by that time who knows...a better technology might be available that is better than yours..
haha i HIGHLY agree
Old 09-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

would you still rate it at 9 given 10 is stock ride quality?
where is the best place to buy the springs?

TIA
Old 09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

would you still rate it at 9 given 10 is stock ride quality?
where is the best place to buy the springs?

TIA
I rate it 9.5 now . I like the look and the ride was not compromised.

You can get them at www.opakracing.com. Ask for Edmund (owner) They are the official Spoon Sport team in the US. Tell him rick of Acirazine recommended them.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh yeah.. was it $215 shipped or local pick up?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
G35Killerrr

I rate it 9.5 now . I like the look and the ride was not compromised.

You can get them at www.opakracing.com. Ask for Edmund (owner) They are the official Spoon Sport team in the US. Tell him rick of Acirazine recommended them.

I got the Swift springs a while ago, the springs is great but did you feel the rear is not stable while you changing lane on the freeway(70-80mph)??
Old 02-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I like to whistle in my

was just reading up...anyone else with an update on these?
nice website...http://www.swiftsprings.com/
Old 02-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KenUA6
I got the Swift springs a while ago, the springs is great but did you feel the rear is not stable while you changing lane on the freeway(70-80mph)??
Ken, rear is stable but that is because I have the Comptech swaybar. Love the ride. Now that the springs have settled the set up looks great.

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
was just reading up...anyone else with an update on these?
nice website...http://www.swiftsprings.com/
I just had an alignment, there is no need to change rear cambers in front .
They (Don of Hilltop Auto - Daly City) recomended changing rear camber but since the TL is FWD he is not too concerend.

I am Rating this now a 10 (1-10 scale 10 being best)

Recommended!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
just got a set of sport mach swift springs...wondering if i should take out my tein s techs and put the swifts on