A-Spec (Suspension only) on Ebay...thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A-Spec (Suspension only) on Ebay...thoughts??

I think I have decided on the more conservative "drop" the A-Spec suspension offers, plus I like the fact it is more of an OEM part.

I was just looking for the suspension part of the A-Spec kit (not the rims or bodywork) and I ran across a vendor on Ebay selling just the suspension for $650.

Is there a sponsor on this board or a someone else you guys could recommend....I think I remember reading it was available around $600 from one of the vendors here but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

hey tony the deal on ebay is a very good offer, tim and hondacuraworld was doing a group buy on the aspec suspensions and wheels separately but i believe the deal might be over. it was around 620 dollars for the aspec suspension i believe with free shipping. but still the one on ebay is good because most of the aspec suspension you would have to buy the wheel and suspension package that runs around 1900.
also make sure your car is an automatic because the one on ebay the suspension is for an automatic only.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Got mine on eBay from AofEparts (Acura of Escondido) for $650 or so, shipped...others, including Curry and Las Vegas have had it up from time to time, as well. If it's a dealer selling it, everything's good (and the parts have a one year warranty on them).

Also, it doesn't really matter if your car is AT or MT, either suspension will work on either car (the AT set up is set up slightly differently to accomodate the extra weight of the AT tranny...many members have actually put the MT tranny on their AT so it's lowered a little more in the front).
Old 04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I can get a good deal on aspec suspension....sent you a PM
Old 04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe the deal from Tim fell through as he couldn't get anyone to buy just the wheels. He had a few people wanting the suspension. I have been looking on ebay from time to time and finally found just the suspension a few days ago from Acura of LV for $675 shipped and I jumped on it. It's getting pretty difficult to find just the suspension these days.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Cruisin'

Fyi....

Unfortunately Tim had to squash the "just suspension" deal....not enough people interested in just the rims so the math just didn't work out.

Just thought I would pass along this info....

Thanks,
Tony
Old 04-20-2006, 05:02 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I just got mine from Acura Las Vegas. When ordered, they PMd my ebay account and asked if I had a manual or AT transmission car. Each a-spec kit they sell is pretty much ordered for you from Acura...so they can get you either (I spoke with them on the phone). He also said that Acura only accepts a-spec orders on Mondays for some strange reason, so regardless of when your order is placed it won't be placed w/Acura corporate until Monday for whichever one you choose, then shipped shortly thereafter.

I installed it myself, was a lot of work but it's great now that it's done! One dealer quoted me $800 for just the install labor another $695, instead I'm taking it back into my dealership for the $89 alignment I can't do myself once it's been on the car for 2 weeks and has settled. Who better to Align my TL a-spec than the dealer one would hope, mine does do great work, it's just expensive unfortunately so I save some $$ doing it myself.

Another tactic, get the price online, then call the parts manager at your local dealership and ask them to match it. I'm buying the body kit via my local dealership now they matched the best price I could find online no questions asked.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Got mine on ebay from Acura of Escondido (AofE Parts)
Old 04-20-2006, 09:14 PM
2005 WDP TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got mine from A of E also, love it! be sure to get the comptech rear sway and get rid of the Turanzas if you have them and you will be cutting corners!
Old 04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Got mine on eBay from AofEparts (Acura of Escondido) for $650 or so, shipped...others, including Curry and Las Vegas have had it up from time to time, as well. If it's a dealer selling it, everything's good (and the parts have a one year warranty on them).

Also, it doesn't really matter if your car is AT or MT, either suspension will work on either car (the AT set up is set up slightly differently to accomodate the extra weight of the AT tranny...many members have actually put the MT tranny on their AT so it's lowered a little more in the front).
so its ok to get the mt aspec suspension for an at and is this preferred? if it does lower the front a lil i think that would look pretty good.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:48 AM
asd

i would also like to know if the a-spec suspension for the mt is preferred on the at....does it reallly lower it a lil more then the at kit?
Old 04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kidTLdriver
i would also like to know if the a-spec suspension for the mt is preferred on the at....does it reallly lower it a lil more then the at kit?
I have a at and i ordered the mt suspension. It gives an even drop front and back. Check out da_illist_onE TL. His is at on mt a-spec suspension.

Heres the thread to his pics of his TL https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/laker-game-116787/
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gqchicago
Another tactic, get the price online, then call the parts manager at your local dealership and ask them to match it. I'm buying the body kit via my local dealership now they matched the best price I could find online no questions asked.
What and where is the best price online for the A-spec suspension package?