Spacers question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Spacers question

So after doing some searching and research, I'm not so confident about getting spacers. I like the look, and I had thought that it seemed like a decently priced mod that looked good and wouldn't hurt ride quality or cause any ill effects on my car for the future (I drive A LOT and want to keep close to stock but want to separate my TL from the 190845704382 other ones in MD).

I came accross some posts that said spacers weren't advisable or good... is this true??? I just want a flush look with a wider wheel base but want to keep my stock drive feel and wheels. Any help?

Also, what are the best spacers out there??

Thanks in advanced, guys!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Well according to the manager of the tire shop that installed/fabbed mounting hardware for my pressure sensors, so I got to chat for quite a while...

Anyways, he was saying that their policy is to refuse to service any cars that have spacers, because the wheels are not sitting on the hubs. He said he has seen cases where the wheels fall off the car, bcause the studs snap, because most of the weight is being loaded onto the studs instead of the hub.

How true/prevalent this issues is? I have no idea.

As far as spacers go, I heard the best ones are the Ichiba V2 spacers, because you won't need to hassle with removng your hub assembly to fit the longer studs, because this one has built in studs.

Here's a picture of them:

They look to have an integrated hub lip as well... Not sure if this is meant to alleviate the problem I mentioned above about the wheels not sitting on the hub...
Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
What I have heard is that if you use spacers (Ichiba are the best) that do not require lugs, you need to be able to make 8 full turns on your stock lug nuts, otherwise it could be dangerous.

As for adding the thicker spacers, yes Ichiba spacers are still the best but spacers in general are not recommended.