Someone take a look at my alignment and tell me whats bent?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Someone take a look at my alignment and tell me whats bent?

This is all on stock suspension. My car tracks to the right and steering is vague. Car feels floaty. I have replaced a lot of parts. I'm suspecting my knuckle or subframe but its very hard to visually determine that. Car wasn't in an accident but was towed (most likely damage from that). Why is my camber in the front off and that negative on stock parts?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 AM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
Stock camber cant be adjusted, would have to get an aftermarket kit. Hope you got a lifetime alignment. What parts have you replaced? What was the reason the car was towed? Lol sorry for the questions but how and why it got like that would get better answers.

Only way i could see how towing caused it to get out of spec is if it wasnt hooked up correctly to the truck. I guess for anyones future references always request a flatbed if possible.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Talked about this before and only way to know if anything is bent you're going to need to take frame measurements as depicted in the FSM.

Don't know equipment used in "towing" the car, but most would use a wheel lift opposed to the old style strap type and that should not have cause any problems, but with the camber out that slightly, I'd try and shift the subframe to get it back into spec.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonut
Talked about this before and only way to know if anything is bent you're going to need to take frame measurements as depicted in the FSM.

Don't know equipment used in "towing" the car, but most would use a wheel lift opposed to the old style strap type and that should not have cause any problems, but with the camber out that slightly, I'd try and shift the subframe to get it back into spec.
All I can state is that the dealer took measurements supposedly and it all checked out. However I still can't figure out why my front camber is out of spec on a stock suspension.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
All I can state is that the dealer took measurements supposedly and it all checked out. However I still can't figure out why my front camber is out of spec on a stock suspension.
Frame can be straight, but as stated before, the subframe can be moved slightly to change camber specs slightly. If that doesn't make the necessary correction, why fight the problem, just install a either adjustable ball joints or arms and get it aligned.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a similar issue, my subframe is slightly bent due to a snow plow running me off into a curb in icy conditions. My mechanic told me to get adjustable arms and get it realigned said it would be cheaper in the long run versus getting the frame measured and fixed.