Seeking advice for a UA7+H&R Sport+Koni Yellow+...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:44 PM
Fallen Corpsman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seeking advice for a UA7+H&R Sport+Koni Yellow+...

Seeking advice for a UA7+H&R Sport+Koni Yellow+...I'm planning to install some H&R Sports and Koni Yellows which should arrive in a few days.130k miles on stocks shocks, thought it was about time for a change . I was considering spacers in either 15f/20r or 12f/15r and I'm concerned about rubbing (Stock waffles) and possibly having issues with adjusting camber. Will I need an aftermarket camber kit with this set-up? I've gone over many threads covering this issue, but a lot of the 3rd party photos prevent me from comparing the visuals to the stated information.

Any thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance!

P.S.
After posting this in another area, I went ahead and purchased a rear camber kit, along with camber and toe rear lower arms (3 arms in total). My concern now is that I believe I'd still need spacers to complete the look with the waffles. Has anyone done this mod? If so, what size spacers were used without having to roll the fenders. I've done the searches and only know of folks stating the spacers being installed with or without the rear camber arm (single upper) 15f/15r and 15f/20r. TIA!

SixSpeed07
Old 02-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
I'm in a similar boat; H&R Sports with OEM A-Specs, and am thinking about spacers too and this is essentially what it breaks down to- Short story; you can make ANYTHING "fit", if you're determined enough. AKA there isn't a simple recipe "X spacers + Y* camber + Z tire size = no rubbing". It's trial and error.

Long story; Get whatever size spacers that achieve your desired flush-ness look.
Then get whatever size tires you want. This is where it helps to look at other peoples setups for comparison, making sure the rim width and offset (including the spacers) and tire width and aspect ratios are similar to what your looking at.
If your tire is rubbing, you essentially have 4 different options;
1) Raise car up higher (yuckkk )
2) smaller tire size,
3) roll and/or pull the fenders,
4) increase negative camber so tires clear fender

Since you don't wanna roll your fenders, you have 3 remaining options for fender clearance. Lastly, camber kits aren't "needed", unless you need to have the adjustability. There's nothing wrong with running -2* camber.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Fallen Corpsman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe
I'm in a similar boat; H&R Sports with OEM A-Specs, and am thinking about spacers too and this is essentially what it breaks down to- Short story; you can make ANYTHING "fit", if you're determined enough. AKA there isn't a simple recipe "X spacers + Y* camber + Z tire size = no rubbing". It's trial and error.

^ So true. Was looking to see if anyone had run into issues, along with the subsequent corrections. "Buy once, cry once" right? -SixSpeed07

Long story; Get whatever size spacers that achieve your desired flush-ness look.
Then get whatever size tires you want. This is where it helps to look at other peoples setups for comparison, making sure the rim width and offset (including the spacers) and tire width and aspect ratios are similar to what your looking at.
If your tire is rubbing, you essentially have 4 different options;
1) Raise car up higher (yuckkk ) Not going to happen -SixSpeed07
2) smaller tire size, If anything, I'd go up to 18s with larger tires -SixSpeed07
3) roll and/or pull the fenders, Maybe with wider rims and tires. -SixSpeed07
4) increase negative camber so tires clear fender Not really into that look SixSpeed07

Since you don't wanna roll your fenders, you have 3 remaining options for fender clearance. Lastly, camber kits aren't "needed", unless you need to have the adjustability. There's nothing wrong with running -2* camber.

I got the kit for the look and to increase the life of the new set of tires I currently have on. Wouldn't mind the 1.5 camber in the rear to match what I've read the front will be after the drop. At least now, I know for sure I'll be able to correct for camber and toe should any issues arise down the road. -SixSpeed07
Basically purchased everything minus the spacers so it can all be done at the same time. The spacers will be added on once the suspension has had time to settle, an alignment is done, and measurements are taken. -SixSpeed07