Rotora OEM rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotora OEM rotors?

08 Nav AT -

Has anyone tries the Rotora OEM blanks? I don't need slotted and just want a good blank that resist warping. I don't want the bembo blanks as they rust like crazy.

I am thinking of going with the rotora OEM with the H2 pads. any suggestion would be helpful.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I have slotted ones from rotora. I would think that the blanks would be of the same quality. So to answer your question, Ive had them for about 5 or six months and so far no warping and very limited rusting. The h2 pads are great also. These breaks have saved me and my car about 3 times so far.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by mattellis123
08 Nav AT -

Has anyone tries the Rotora OEM blanks? I don't need slotted and just want a good blank that resist warping. I don't want the bembo blanks as they rust like crazy.

I am thinking of going with the rotora OEM with the H2 pads. any suggestion would be helpful.

I was in your spot a few months ago. I just wanted better OEM size rotors since they warp so easily. Traction determines one stop braking, not the rotors anyway. However, after looking at the price of aftermarket stock size rotors plus pads I decided to get a BBK. I got a used Rotora 13" kit for just a couple hundred more than the OEM stuff. If you don't mind used parts it's not a bad idea to check out the BM. Wilwood sells a 12.6" 4 piston kit for just a little over what you would pay for aftermarket stock size rotors and good pads.

Back on topic, I have no experience with front Rotora rotors (I know this is what matters) but the rear stock size Rotoras seem to be of high quality and no rust, same with the fronts.

Keep in mind that the pad material will usually determine if the rotors rust or not. Some are abrasive and leave a fresh surface on the rotor that is prone to rusting all the time and some deposit pad material on the rotor that keeps it from rusting as easily.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RB rotors and pads

After not finding any anwser on a good set of blanks.

I just broke down went with the RB rotors and et300 pads all the way aroud. Should be here by next Wensday and installed next weekend.