ROAD InTire protection (plus dent & ding)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ROAD InTire protection (plus dent & ding)

Hi Everyone, just brought home my new red 2007 TL w/Navi (10 miles on it!). Althohgh I did search the forum, I still could't get a sense on whether most people are taking that R.O.A.D. InTire protection which, plus ding and dent repairs (Titanium package), would cost me $650 (that can be rolled in my 1.9%, 3 years finance).

The dealership, of course, claims that I'll brake these "high performance" tires and corresponding rims just about every time I hit a pothole, plus the winshiled protection, plus the dents, is all a "great value" package. However, I saw some where that when you read the fine print (they didn't have the doc information, of course), the tires are covered only if are worn above certain thread level, the the winshiled repairs is only plastic repair at the broken spot, and that the ding and dent is just the pianless with the cup, but no paint jobs is done at all.

After that, I thought forget it...but then a guy at work told me that he's already replaced his RL car tires twice 'cause of potholes. Becuase my previous car was an Accord and never thought about this, now I want to check what you recommend for the TL, which it may be a lot more expensive to fix without that warranty. Finally, I wonder if Michellin or other tire dealers offer that type of insurance and yet might be cheaper than the several hundreds from the Acura dealer. (I did see in this forum about somone getting a $20 per tire protection...but wasn't confirmed by anyone else.)

Thanks a lot!

Windlover77
Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would first ask where do you live and drive your new TL. In Seattle area I've never heard of these "protection" packages. I asked the forum about paint, fabric, and leather protection and was told that these are great dealer profit makers. I did go with the 3M chip protection installation - the cost was $970.00 to me. I saw the invoice and it was $425 from the outsourced work. You can see dealers make big profits on these.