Replacement Acura Premium ASpec wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Acura Premium ASpec wheel

Long story short, bought a car from a dealer in tennessee, Car has two bent rims. Trying to get dealer to take care of the problem, not going well.

Acura wants 580 installed per wheel to replace the premium 18"acura wheels (the ones listed as upgrades on acura's site, sorry no pics at moment).

Is there a site or a place you guys recommend where I could get the same wheel cheaper? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Wocoomrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would try ebay. I contacted hondacuraworld to buy a set of 4 a spec rim + a spec suspension and the price they quoted me was $2210. So it's not much cheaper then the prices on ebay from the other dealers on there.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
GO BLUE!

New car or used car? And when you say the rims are bent, are the rims truly bent or do they just have curb rash?

If it is a new car, Acura should be taking care of the problem. If the car is used, you may be buying under an as is warranty and you knew or should have know about the bent rims at the time you bought the car. Not knowing which one it is, it is difficult to comment one way or another.

I have the 04 Aspec wheels on my car and had problems with the clear coat and some curb rash. I had to take care of the curb rash on separate occasions and the dealership has taken care of the clear coat when requested. I think Acura contracts with an alloy wheel repair company in my area to fix all wheel issues that can be fixed.

I also have a stock set of wheels I bought for the car that I put on in the winter. I bought those on ebay a few years a go for next to nothing. You might check on this site in the black market or do a general search. You may find what your looking for there.

In any event, good luck!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MattAKramer
Long story short, bought a car from a dealer in tennessee, Car has two bent rims. Trying to get dealer to take care of the problem, not going well.

Acura wants 580 installed per wheel to replace the premium 18"acura wheels (the ones listed as upgrades on acura's site, sorry no pics at moment).

Is there a site or a place you guys recommend where I could get the same wheel cheaper? Thanks.
What year is your car? That is the first question that needs to be answered before we can help. $580 is highway robbery, you should be able to get 2 news wheels for that price. Have you looked into getting them fixed? I am sure that there is a wheel shop that does stuff like that near you, just have to find it. If they were not bent badly you should be able to get them fixed for a couple hundred. When you tell us the year I will have an idea for you.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Advanced

The car is an '06 and I bought it used. Acura said that two of the wheels themselves are bent. I am taking it to Good Year tomorrow to have them double check per the dealer who sold me the car's request (he is being very difficult on this matter).

I have a picture of the wheel but don't know how to post it. THis forum has a different set up than I am used to. How can i insert the pic from my hard drive directly in this post?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Pro

The car is an '06 and I bought it used. Acura said that two of the wheels themselves are bent. I am taking it to Good Year tomorrow to have them double check per the dealer who sold me the car's request (he is being very difficult on this matter).

I have a picture of the wheel but don't know how to post it. THis forum has a different set up than I am used to. How can i insert the pic from my hard drive directly in this post?
You can't post a picture directly from your hard drive. You need to go to imageshack or some such place and have them post it and then you add the link.

Here is how you get a new A-spec wheel. Go to Discount Tire or a similar opperation and have them order you a new one. Acura/Honda buys the A-spec wheel from Enkei(sp?) and the tire place you go to should be able to order them direct and save you a bundle of $$$. I had to buy a new wheel for my 04 and it was $250. Pricey but much cheaper than the dealer. Like I said before I would see if you can get them fixed by a local wheel repair shop.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Advanced

Picture of the wheel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23380673@N04/2234141735/
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Pro

If you type "[IMG](insert link here)[/IMG]" the picture will show up in the thread.
Like this:
Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Pro

Part # 08W18-SEP-200D

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay2.jsp

I got mine from oemacuraparts.com but I don't see it listed there anymore.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Advanced

Thanks, I didn't know about the picture thing. Anybody else know any sites that sell it?

On a side note, they gave me an '08 as my loaner today and I wish they hand't. I have terrible buyer's remorse about everything I buy usually and was debating between an '07 and the '06 I bought. The '07s didn't have the nice wheels (which are now haunting me), and they weren't the color combo, plus 50 more a month so I go the '06. ONly thing I didn't like were the stiff front seats.

Come to find out today the '08 seats are AMAZING. they are so much softer and have much more padding. The ride seems softer and the breaks aren't as touchy. BOOOO.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
i actually have three of these that i bought new and they're in the box. only problem is they all have small nicks in them. two of the wheels have the damage on the top of the lip, so the tire would do a pretty good job of concealing them. the third's damage is more on the front of the lip and would be more noticeable. other than that, they're brand new. lmk if you're interested. jh4db156xls (at) g m a i l d o t c o m
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
2010 WDP TL Tech

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dlee337
i actually have three of these that i bought new and they're in the box. only problem is they all have small nicks in them. two of the wheels have the damage on the top of the lip, so the tire would do a pretty good job of concealing them. the third's damage is more on the front of the lip and would be more noticeable. other than that, they're brand new. lmk if you're interested. jh4db156xls (at) g m a i l d o t c o m
Are they sparkle silver? Got pics?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
yes, they are silver. send me your email and i will send you pics.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by fish008
You can't post a picture directly from your hard drive. You need to go to imageshack or some such place and have them post it and then you add the link.

Here is how you get a new A-spec wheel. Go to Discount Tire or a similar opperation and have them order you a new one. Acura/Honda buys the A-spec wheel from Enkei(sp?) and the tire place you go to should be able to order them direct and save you a bundle of $$$. I had to buy a new wheel for my 04 and it was $250. Pricey but much cheaper than the dealer. Like I said before I would see if you can get them fixed by a local wheel repair shop.
Hey fish, hav u done this @ discount tire? If so, I'm pickin' some up when I get my tax returns! Does anyone else know 'bout this?

I would think that Enkei would only sell them directly to Acura as some kind of exclusive oem thingy.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by CrazyNurse
Hey fish, hav u done this @ discount tire? If so, I'm pickin' some up when I get my tax returns! Does anyone else know 'bout this?

I would think that Enkei would only sell them directly to Acura as some kind of exclusive oem thingy.
Yes I did buy a replacement 04 A-Spec wheel from discount tire. They had the best price and the guy knew what he was talking about. He is the one who told me all of that stuff about Acura/Enkei. I believe it and it makes sense. The wheels looks EXACTLY the same so it works for me. They even made sure that they got the 04 wheel which is an 18x8.5 not 18x8 wheels all the later wheels are.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

Try www.fixrim.com, remanufactured 18" ASpec wheels are $300 each.

I've bought a couple of the standard 17"ers from them. Good quality.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
2nd Gear

Don't know if people are still looking for answers but FYI rim repair is much cheaper and a better way to go. I have a 2007 Acura TL and recently hit a pothole that totally bent up the inside of my Front Right Rim. The dealership wanted $500 for a new one. Instead I took it to this place called JRE Tire Company which does wheels and tires. They sent out my rim to be machined and fixed to brand new condition for only $90. If it's cracked I think it costs like $100-$120 but mine was just bent pretty bad.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
$90? where did they send it to...thats pretty cheap. Ive used Rim Pro before and I want to say they were about $140ish.....but I can have it back the next day
Old 02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sparkle silver aspec wheels GB: http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...egory_Code=ATL
Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MWalsh9152
$90? where did they send it to...thats pretty cheap. Ive used Rim Pro before and I want to say they were about $140ish.....but I can have it back the next day
The place I got it done at was called JRE Tire Company. I believe they are only in Michigan. They have to send out the rim to be repaired so it takes about 2-3 business days. I guess the few extra days it takes is the cost for paying about 50-100 bucks less, so I guess it all depends on what your preference is.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 AM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
thanks, I'll have to investigate that option
Old 03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Who makes the A Spec

I have a 07 TLS. Have never been too excited about the OEM wheels. Am considering using them for snows, and getting a set of 18s, but not at $700+/pc.

Who makes the Acura 18 wheels ...? I thought someone wrote Enkei, but cant tell which model number? Where is the best place to get them.

Anyone share experience with using/owning them... how they holding up?

Thanks,
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by emas
I have a 07 TLS. Have never been too excited about the OEM wheels. Am considering using them for snows, and getting a set of 18s, but not at $700+/pc.

Who makes the Acura 18 wheels ...? I thought someone wrote Enkei, but cant tell which model number? Where is the best place to get them.

Anyone share experience with using/owning them... how they holding up?

Thanks,
Damn man u just missed out on a killer hondaacuraworld group buy for the 18" Sparkle Silver wheels ($978 shipped!) Probably the lowest price ever.

You might be able to slip an order in as this is the weekend but it was supposed to end 2/28.

They're made my Enkei, who makes Acura's A-Spec and accessory wheels. The orginal A-Spec wheel was 18x8.5 gunmetal. The new ones are called Ebony or Satin and have a shinier finish but the same basic design. The other finishes are: Sparkle Silver and Chrome-Look. Wheels weigh ~26lbs each and are 18x8.

Do a search as many memebrs here have them.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,927 Posts
Those of you who have managed to order/get these wheels from Enkei through a third-party dealer (i.e. Discount Tire, etc.) - any chance of coming up with a part number if others of us would like to put our local guy on the hunt? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Damn man u just missed out on a killer hondaacuraworld group buy for the 18" Sparkle Silver wheels ($978 shipped!) Probably the lowest price ever.

You might be able to slip an order in as this is the weekend but it was supposed to end 2/28.

They're made my Enkei, who makes Acura's A-Spec and accessory wheels. The orginal A-Spec wheel was 18x8.5 gunmetal. The new ones are called Ebony or Satin and have a shinier finish but the same basic design. The other finishes are: Sparkle Silver and Chrome-Look. Wheels weigh ~26lbs each and are 18x8.

Do a search as many memebrs here have them.
Was that for 4?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by ttribe
Those of you who have managed to order/get these wheels from Enkei through a third-party dealer (i.e. Discount Tire, etc.) - any chance of coming up with a part number if others of us would like to put our local guy on the hunt? Thanks!
I called Discount Tire Also about this. They will call around for re-furb or Take Off wheels. My guy called around several places and even offered brand new rims at a wholesale price of $342 each. Sounded strange cuz he didn't even ask me WHICH finish I wanted.

The original 18x8.5 A-Spec Gunmetal wheel is: 08W18-SEP-200
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by emas
Was that for 4?
Are you kidding? Yes...4 wheels shipped to your door.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...45#post1978045
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Instructor

The original 18x8.5 A-Spec Gunmetal wheel is: 08W18-SEP-200
So which is the current wheel?
Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Fight On!

^
Here's info on the different Accessory and A-Spec Wheels:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...66#post1480266

*The true A-Spec Wheel is not supposed to be sold w/o the A-Spec handling package but it can be had w/o it. They were originally a flat gunmetal color and 8.5" wide. Some dealers still have them but they were discontinued and replaced by the Satin/Ebony color 200B and 200E. 200E comes w/TPMS sensors.

The chrome look and sparkle silver are considered Accessory Wheels not A-Spec wheels. It's all the same design--just different finishes.

Here's a look at DeansblackCLS car. These are the Satin (or a.k.a. Ebony) wheels. Keep in mind this is a 2007 TL-S. So, the part # changes to 08W18-SEP-202E
The 2007 TL-S has a slightly differen't A-Spec body kit. But the color is the same.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=175301&page=1
Old 03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Thanks for all the help. Wish I joined the forum a week or 2 earlier. My dealer's been trying to sell me those same wheels. Love 'em, but not at $700/pc.

Any guess on if they would run that group buy again?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Fight On!

Keep checking this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...9&page=1&pp=25

Also check ebay as there are several active Acura dealers trying to unload A-Spec & Accessory wheels.

Every now and then enagamos revives the group buys. I think everyone's got a little tax money on the way.

I'm sure summer will bring more group buys, though.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Wow so after all this my dealer told me they could not possibly find this color wheel and that it must have been a custom paint job, bullcrap. After reading the last few posts of this thread (after the damage has been done) I am pissed. They ended up ordering in two silver satin rims, and then painted all 4 of them a lighter gray color. No metal look at all. Looks like a color you'd see on most stock rims.

I'm pissed. I should have had the chrome look, that's what I was trying to tell them and they just kept saying they didn't see anything like that in their inventory.

I doubt there is anyway possible now they will go back and correct their error but that really makes me mad. Their ignorance just ruined the look of my wheels that they will want 2400 to get a set of four in to get back to the way it should have been in the first place.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:53 AM

Wow so after all this my dealer told me they could not possibly find this color wheel and that it must have been a custom paint job, bullcrap. After reading the last few posts of this thread (after the damage has been done) I am pissed. They ended up ordering in two silver satin rims, and then painted all 4 of them a lighter gray color. No metal look at all. Looks like a color you'd see on most stock rims.

I'm pissed. I should have had the chrome look, that's what I was trying to tell them and they just kept saying they didn't see anything like that in their inventory.

I doubt there is anyway possible now they will go back and correct their error but that really makes me mad. Their ignorance just ruined the look of my wheels that they will want 2400 to get a set of four in to get back to the way it should have been in the first place.
Oh man, this is NOT good. I have found on several occasions that the parts personnel can are only able to find the "Sparkle Silver" or the "Chrome" A-Spec wheels in their catalog. However, if you are able to provide them a part number for the other finishes they are then able to find them. For whatever reason, Acura doesn't specifically list the other finishes (Ebony Black/Platinum, for example) and most of the parts personnel at the dealers haven't taken the time to educate themselves on all of the options out there. I'd go back to them with the part number, make them look it up, acknowledge that they should have been able to find the correct wheels, and ask them to correct their mistake.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Oh man, this is NOT good. I have found on several occasions that the parts personnel can are only able to find the "Sparkle Silver" or the "Chrome" A-Spec wheels in their catalog. However, if you are able to provide them a part number for the other finishes they are then able to find them. For whatever reason, Acura doesn't specifically list the other finishes (Ebony Black/Platinum, for example) and most of the parts personnel at the dealers haven't taken the time to educate themselves on all of the options out there. I'd go back to them with the part number, make them look it up, acknowledge that they should have been able to find the correct wheels, and ask them to correct their mistake.
I agree they should fix their mistake, the problem at this point is the only way to fix their mistake would be to order me 4 new wheels and I doubt they'd be willing to do that. Is there any way to detect which wheel I had based on the photo posted in the first post? (I'm about 95% sure it isn't sparkle silver, although that even looks better than what I have now).
Old 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM

I agree they should fix their mistake, the problem at this point is the only way to fix their mistake would be to order me 4 new wheels and I doubt they'd be willing to do that. Is there any way to detect which wheel I had based on the photo posted in the first post? (I'm about 95% sure it isn't sparkle silver, although that even looks better than what I have now).
Do you have pictures from before the knuckleheads at the dealer got a hold of it?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Advanced

Do you have pictures from before the knuckleheads at the dealer got a hold of it?
Unfortunately, none that I took, but I have some crappy quality ones the dealer too before I bought it. I have a picture linked on the first page.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Unfortunately, none that I took, but I have some crappy quality ones the dealer too before I bought it. I have a picture linked on the first page.
Do you know if your wheels are 8" wide or 8.5"? That picture looks a little like the original gunmetal A-Spec wheels from the 2004 model year (which have been discontinued).
Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Do you know if your wheels are 8" wide or 8.5"? That picture looks a little like the original gunmetal A-Spec wheels from the 2004 model year (which have been discontinued).
If the car is a 2006 does it seem unlikely to have 2004 wheels or does that not matter?

I can measure the wheels, should I do the entire width or what part exactly do I measure to see about 8 vs. 8.5"?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM

If the car is a 2006 does it seem unlikely to have 2004 wheels or does that not matter?

I can measure the wheels, should I do the entire width or what part exactly do I measure to see about 8 vs. 8.5"?
Never know on the wheels; someone could have put 2004 wheels on the 2006. The height is 18", the width would be from the front to back of the wheel (or how deep they are).
Old 03-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Matt -

The original 2004 Gunmetal version is part #08W18-SEP-200 (see post #26 in this thread).

The follow-up version (8 inches wide) is part #08W18-SEP-200E (see post #29 in this thread).

The most recent version (also 8 inches wide) is part #08W18-SEP-202E (see post #29 in this thread).

Also, I am aware of a part #0818-SEP-202G which look a lot like this finish, but I have yet to figure out what Acura actually calls the finish on this part numbered wheel.

Quick Reply: Replacement Acura Premium ASpec wheel