Racing Hart

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 05:14 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing Hart

Hey guys I was just wondering if there is such a thing as the Racing Hart C2's in a 1 piece design. I was shopping for wheels the other day and a local wheel shop told me the following:

Racing Hart C2's 1 piece $810 (Canadian $$)
Racing Hart C2's 3 piece $1820 (Can $$).

Are the ones that Tim sells on this site 3 piece? If they are that $1820 sounds a little wacko. If there is a 1 piece one what do they look like?

Thanks guys.

Bryan
Old 02-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro

Yes there are 1-piece C2's but they are'nt made by RACING HART
they are made by RH Evolution I think it is the same company just different name

and yes the C2's sold on this site are the 3-piece

here's a pic of the 1-piece
Old 02-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, Racing Hart and RH Evo are not the same company although Dazz would like you to think that..

Is that $1820 for the 4 wheels? What size??

the 3pc version has rivets in it that hold the lip to the rest of the wheel and the center part..

the 1pc version of the C2 only has the spokes..
Old 02-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro

Nah, the guy wanted $1820 per wheel. The place was kind of a sham I just stopped by there because I had some time to kill and it was right there. Now I think I know what the 1 piece ones look like, I am not a big fan.

I am thinking of going with the Trafficstar DTM's in silver. I just wish I knew where I could buy wheels either online or locally in Canada. The shipping/customs taxes are a pain in th A$$. So if any of you know where or can get me a deal and any higher end wheels within Canada please speak up!

Thanks

Bryan

Originally posted by Edub-TL
Actually, Racing Hart and RH Evo are not the same company although Dazz would like you to think that..

the 3pc version has rivets in it that hold the lip to the rest of the wheel and the center part..

Old 02-02-2002, 05:11 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by autophile1
Nah, the guy wanted $1820 per wheel. The place was kind of a sham...

I am thinking of going with the Trafficstar DTM's in silver. I just wish I knew where I could buy wheels either online or locally in Canada.
Bryan,

For $1820/wheel.. That place is trying to rip people off.. they must be smokin something..

but for the DTM wheels, here is a place..
http://www.acura-tl.com/search/itemv...mID=855&make=1
Old 02-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro

Yeah, I already checked with Tim about buying from him. We both agreed that it would probably be better to buy them from someone in Canada if possible to avoid the massive taxes...

Bryan,

For $1820/wheel.. That place is trying to rip people off.. they must be smokin something..

but for the DTM wheels, here is a place..
http://www.acura-tl.com/search/itemv...mID=855&make=1
Old 02-03-2002, 10:05 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

i didn't know the companies were diff. is the quality diff too, besides the obvious multipiece design??
Old 02-05-2002, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Man are taxes tthat bad over in CA. How much do they kill you on a set of wheels + tires????
Old 02-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by Blazin TL

i didn't know the companies were diff. is the quality diff too, besides the obvious multipiece design??
Dunno about quality as I have not owned either.. I was very confused about this when I started looking at wheels, so I had to find out this info too.. here is what I know about them..

Racing Hart are made by Takechi in Japan.
They do have 1pc designs too..

Racing Hart Evo are made by some company in US or Taiwan..

I do also recall that Racing Hart is sueing RH Evo because of how closely it copies their designs..

Personally, I don't think there is much of a diff unless you really want some 3pc wheels..
You want them for looks mainly right? Some of us are on a budget and can't afford bling-bling wheels.. so we get the next best thing.. nothing wrong with that at all.. just as long as they don't crack on every pothole, you're cool..
Old 02-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Pro

Well, when importing into Canada you have to pay the local sales tax, customs tax, and a brokerage fee to UPS. So if I bought a set of Trafficstar's from Tim here is how would would be:

18 x 7.5 Silver = $482.29US + $25US Shipping

Total = $2029.16US

$2029.16US x 1.6 = $3246.66 Canadian

$3246.66 + 7% sales tax = $3473.93 Cdn

$3473.93 + 12% (estimated combined customs and brokerage fees) = $3890.80 cdn.

That is $600 in taxes!

I still remember when I bought my Brax amp. The shop I bought it from had to declare it for the full value for insurance. When I called Canada customs to ask how much taxes would be on it, they told me it would be cheaper for the two of us to drive and meet at the border than to send it! I had my friend pick it up and send it with a declared value of $500US If anyone is will to do that for me on a set of wheels I am sure I could find a way to compensate you for your troubles

Bryan

Originally posted by valuetl
Man are taxes tthat bad over in CA. How much do they kill you on a set of wheels + tires????
Old 02-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts

Personally, I don't think there is much of a diff unless you really want some 3pc wheels..
Racing Harts are made by Work, or at least mine are. There is a Work sticker on the inside of the wheel. Work makes the highest quality wheels around, maybe a very close 2nd to HRE, but d@mn those things cost an arm and a leg, and a........

How about forged vs. Cast. Big difference there in weight and strength.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Thumbs up

Neil,
That's pretty interesting.. I wonder if maybe Hartwheels used work to manufacture these?? But I think it might be cool to find out..

I love forged 3pc wheels..
There is a difference as for quality..

and Work wheels are top notch.. and IMO have better style than most wheels out there..

Some favs are Work, Racing Hart, Volk

But I have to be realistic, can't afford them.. maybe someday when I get something like a GS4 or something..

btw, anyone know where to get some RacingHart M5 3pc wheels for cheap??
Old 02-08-2002, 12:32 AM
Type SSS

Dunno about quality as I have not owned either.. I was very confused about this when I started looking at wheels, so I had to find out this info too.. here is what I know about them..

Racing Hart Evo are made by some company in US or Taiwan..

I do also recall that Racing Hart is sueing RH Evo because of how closely it copies their designs..

You want them for looks mainly right? Some of us are on a budget and can't afford bling-bling wheels.. so we get the next best thing.. nothing wrong with that at all.. just as long as they don't crack on every pothole, you're cool..
Takechi, Japan also makes Lowenhart wheel.

Racinghart 1 piece wheels are about the same price as RH Evolutions but much better quality. You can tell by looking at them on the inside of the rims.

Racing Hart 1 piece wheels are :

M5 Monoblock
M6 Monoblock
CP-035 & CP-035R

Everything else is RH Evolutions like C2 Evo, C3, S7 & etc.