Problem with new tires, i'm happy but also pissed any further insight appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Question Problem with new tires, i'm happy but also pissed any further insight appreciated

Hey quick run down of the components of parts that this all affects

I have

- Function Form type 2 coilovers
- Adjustable camber arms rear and front.
- Fronts are SPC adjustable (Will fill in detail later for this specific one)
- 255/35/18 tires on 18x9.5 +27 (front +22 to clear caliper) nt03
- fenders front and rear are rolled flat as possible, I do not want to mess with the lines them to fit these 255s properly

So where to begin, I had 235/40/18 before. I did it to be safe and not have the problem I have RIGHT now, I saw that I had a decent amount of space to work with even at -1.5 camber all around (front was static -1.5 I had the rear dialed in to be even. This was before I had front adjustable)
I am also not too fond of the stretch look. So after some consideration, I picked up the spc adjustable fronts and bought 255's in hoping it'll clear.

I envisioned to no more than -3 all around to clear the 255's and I would have about a finger gap front and rear for even chassis rake a -1 of chassis rake

I also have an issue with my caster, even before the spc my driver side caster was a few degrees higher than the passenger like for example driver side 3.4passenger 3. Now it is around 3.7 driver side and 3.2 passenger. WTF happened here.
Also is it normal that the TL has this type of caster? (more driver than passenger, I thought it was the other way around)

The outcome: maxed -3.8 front camber (I could go with less but it'll look FUCKING ridiculously ugly if the front is -2 and the rear is -5) rear is literally -4.9 across. So I intentionally requested the front to be as close to the rear as possible so it doesn't look all shitty squatty like a dog taking a shit

The rear FF2 shock is already raised so high up and it is still somewhat tucking, any idea how high it can thread? Out the box it was tucking half a tire wtf is that bs...

On the plus side my ride is comfortable even at full stiff

Any feed back appreciated, any real actual numbers and things to do so I can get what I originally envisioned it to be? I apologize if my writing format is not linear

Thanks! I am at a loss right now and I feel like a "hellaflush" kid when I drive FML...

Last edited by DC2many; 09-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
This post should also help give insight to those looking to run similar tire sizes on similar wheel set up

and to those with the function form type2 coil overs, can anyone confirm how much higher the rear can go? I have it almost maxed up and it is still tucking a good amount of the tire.

I need to deal with this asap so I can decide whether to sell my old tires or if I need to put them back on for more a more proper alignment set up.

How is the 245 series? I skipped over to 255 because 245 is such a small difference to 235

maybe a pic would help, I know the front has a lot more room to deal work with

thanks

Last edited by DC2many; 09-23-2012 at 05:46 PM.