Planning for Custom Offsets w/ A Few Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Planning for Custom Offsets w/ A Few Options

I'm getting overloaded after many weeks of scouring these forums, looking at pics and digging for the specs of those setups, and trying to figure out what custom offset would be best when ordering up a set of 19's.

Here's what all my research has been focused around:

1. As silly as it may seem for being FWD, I'd like to go staggered for the visual effect. I'm leaning towards 8.5 F and 9.5 R for the widths.

2. I'm considering wheels that would give me a concave look and I've got a chance to order them up in whatever offset I want.

3. I'm not a big fan of poke, excessive camber to make the wheels fit, or stretching tires to maintain clearance. Being hellaflush isn't a priority, but I don't want to be sunken in either. Thinking mid 20's offset is too low for me and anything higher than 40 is way too high.

4. Car will be lowered on ISC N1 coilovers with an initial drop setting of about 1.5" to get the fenders about 25" off the pavement.

5. Planning to roll front and rear fenders.

6. May or may not be ordering/installing a rear camber kit.

7. I want to stay meaty on the tires and keep everything in spec in terms of load rating (min 93). I'm not thinking rubbing shouldn't be an issue with the initial drop setting I'm planning based on all the threads I've read on that.

With all that in mind, I've come up with a few offset options that I'm considering and I wanted to throw them out there and see what the guys with more experience than me in this area might think about them. Both of these are similar to setups run on a member's ride that I can't find on here anymore. D R E W had a lot of good pictures and info on his staggered 19" setups and those have been a baseline for thinking about the following options.

OPTION 1
F 19x8.5 +35 245/35-19
R 19x9.5 +40 275/35-19
(Same tires with similar offset to D R E W's setup the EXE Convex wheels and slightly more aggressive than his setup with the Enkei GTC...see pics of both below)

OPTION 2
F 19x8.5 +28 245/35-19
R 19x9.5 +28 275/35-19
(Same tires with similar offset to D R E W's setup on the Volk TE-37, but equalized with the 9.5 out back...see pics below)

I know we're talking millimeters here but I don't want to order up and wish I would've run something different later. I guess I could always order up the more conservative fit and then throw on spacers if I want to later, but taking advantage of the slightly more aggressive offset now will benefit in the concave appearance of the wheels when they're ordered...especially the 9.5 in the rear.

Thoughts?
Any other options you can think of or have experience with that meet the criteria I've sort of setup for myself?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Forgot one more thought I'd had...

OPTION 3
F 19x9.5 +40 245/35-19
F 19x9.5 +40 245/35-19
I know this is a variation from my criteria above, but the square setup with a very slightly stretched tire would give me the ability to rotate all four tires. I could always throw on quality spacers in the back to push them a little more flush. I don't have any pics of this setup other than on some Audi's.