new wheels you guys might be interested in...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RanGer498
on a 10 inch rim with a short pad you can probably get a good size lip, BIGGER THAN THAT

Old 02-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Cruisin'

Here is a better picture of the 7 spoke with a big lip, this is only 8 width, so imagine another 1 to 2 inch of lip

Old 02-13-2002, 12:50 AM
10th Gear

Oh my God...:wow:

Can you take a picture of the Swift in 18x10 as well as the first picture, second wheel in the same size. Trying to determine which one of the two I like best. 3" lip would work great on the rears.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think Tim is gonna appreciate you using his board to sell your stuff. All future communications to Lexus_IS300 needs to be done thru e-mail.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:20 AM
...and then there was One

Those Swift's look tight. I wonder what finish, and size, would look best on my white TLS... so many choices.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:30 PM
9th Gear

im also looking for a 3"rear lip
Old 02-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Cruisin'

not a problem with our custom back side settings
Old 02-13-2002, 05:45 PM

What is the name of the wheel on the left?

http://www.speedimageonline.com/audi/dual.jpg

Do you have any pics of the wheel on the left in a powdercoated finish, preferably black?

Old 02-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Cruisin'

we call it the victory
Old 02-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Racer

Hey LEXUS_IS300

If you sell these rims why did you buy Blitz rims for your IS300 do you have a hook up on those 2????? PLZ LET ME KNOW how much U payed 4 them if U don't mind!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:42 AM
Cruisin'

new introforged website

http://www.introforged.com
Old 02-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Hey LEXUS_IS300

Originally posted by BFOR3
If you sell these rims why did you buy Blitz rims for your IS300 do you have a hook up on those 2????? PLZ LET ME KNOW how much U payed 4 them if U don't mind!!!

i do not sell these rims. i happen to ran accross cyan s4 (great guy btw) and we chatted and he told me he runs intro forged. i looked at a few of his wheels at the specs and the best of all LOW PRICE so i was blown away. i just thought you guys might be interested in it....i am in no way related to intro forged or make money off of any of this.

as for the blitz, i know people at blitz-na and happen to gotten them for a price i cannot reveal. i appologize. but the best place to get your blitz is wholehyper.com, ask for brent. they are the cheapest.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Racer

COOL!!!

Thanks a lot i'll check that out!!!
Old 02-15-2002, 07:18 PM
9th Gear

what do you mean by short pad
Originally posted by cyans4
RanGer498
on a 10 inch rim with a short pad you can probably get a good size lip, BIGGER THAN THAT

Old 02-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro

I'm sorry but these rims are most definitely not the same quality as HRE. that is total BS. Generic name rims suck -- they are the trademark rims of ricers who cannot afford better. They are most likely cast too, so how can you even compare them to HRE?
Old 02-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Rice1304
I'm sorry but these rims are most definitely not the same quality as HRE. that is total BS. Generic name rims suck -- they are the trademark rims of ricers who cannot afford better. They are most likely cast too, so how can you even compare them to HRE?

ignorance must be bliss for you...
Old 02-16-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro

i have a set if hre and those rims looks very simliar quality to it. looks very strongs...you should have them make it in 3 pieces.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by wiggingboy
i have a set if hre and those rims looks very simliar quality to it. looks very strongs...you should have them make it in 3 pieces.

structural integrity of this vs hre's are about the same. i believe they are able to custom make 3pieces for you (i could be wrong?). which HRE's do you have? i love the wheels myself, i almost about a set of 545, but now am reconsidering. i only wished HRE would make reversed lip for cars other than porsches and ferraris.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey IS300, I was lookin' for ya the past week. I pmed you on the CL board a while back about some 19x8 Lowenhart BR5s(Silver). I also pmed you recently b/c I was ready to buy now, but couldn't find ya, so I ordered a set from Tribalpacific.com

Just out of blatant curiousity, do you have 19x8 Lowenhart BR5s in stock for a 2001 CLS? I've called over 25 retailers, and no one had them in stock, they all had to be custom ordered.

AP
Old 02-16-2002, 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by mantis23
Hey IS300, I was lookin' for ya the past week. I pmed you on the CL board a while back about some 19x8 Lowenhart BR5s(Silver). I also pmed you recently b/c I was ready to buy now, but couldn't find ya, so I ordered a set from Tribalpacific.com

Just out of blatant curiousity, do you have 19x8 Lowenhart BR5s in stock for a 2001 CLS? I've called over 25 retailers, and no one had them in stock, they all had to be custom ordered.

AP

i appologize that i did not get your PM. the only one i got is the one from linjiay (or something along that line). mantis, i will check with my friend on monday to see if he has any br5's in stock. the wheels are very popular at the momment.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300

i appologize that i did not get your PM. the only one i got is the one from linjiay (or something along that line). mantis, i will check with my friend on monday to see if he has any br5's in stock. the wheels are very popular at the momment.
Cool beans. Let me know what he says.

AP
Old 02-18-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro

:o
Old 02-18-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro

I also find it funny that the company that makes the wheel is called "intro forged" when the wheels are really cast pieces of crap that i'd rather use as a toilet than a wheel.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Rice, this shiat came out of my mouth two weeks ago...The styles suck ass...The rims suck ass and the prices suck ass too...I would never, ever stoop so low as to buying some gay ass rims that are made by an x crack head...anyways, there is no way every rim could even be the same quality if they arent producing enough...buy them and me and others will laugh when you, a) dont ever get them, or b) are very pissed off cuz all four of your wheels aren't JDM, HRE, Fiske' quality:yack:...Shyne
Old 02-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

I also find it funny that the company that makes the wheel is called "intro forged" when the wheels are really cast pieces of crap that i'd rather use as a toilet than a wheel.

you idiot, they are forged.

www.introforged.com

whoa look! they have pictures of the forging! lmao!
Old 02-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Pro

I assumed it was not forged because virtually all generic brands are not. However the quality is nowhere near HRE i'm sure. So i'll have a forged toilet if i buy one. SO what? I bet their forging process is crappy and they don't use the SSF procedure like most quality forged wheel makers do. It mentions it nowhere on their web page. I wouldn't be so astounded if you didn't say that they were the same quality as HRE. I'm sure you know that its total bs. Those wheels DO look nice (compared to most ricer wheels like tenzo), but in the wheel market, it is all about the brand name. Obviously "intro forged" has not established themselves as a respected manufacturer in the track racing community. Names such as HRE, fikse, and bbs have very much done so and you are comparing this wheel to HRE. When they are just another ricer brand (even if they are forged). I usually don't judge by brand name, but when it comes to wheels, it is the only smart thing to do. Do you ever see SCCA/speedvision racers put generic crap on their cars? NO! they always have fikse, bbs, etc even if they are not sponsored by them. I've never seen any of them put konigs or "intro forged" on.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro

we all should know by now that wheels with colored centers are ricer wheels.

Also wheels with multiple lug holes that will fit a "universal lug pattern"

I'm not saying that these wheels are not nice. In fact I'm sure they're much better than your average ricer rim. But they have optional colored center caps which is a definite minus. Since when do you see a ferrari or porsche rolling down a track with gay colored centercaps? the price is very unreasonable when you find out that you can get a set of advans or volks for about the same price. I'm saying that they're definitely not as good as HRE. Not even close to even Volk or SSR.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

every post you make, it contradicts what you say. its funny how HRE's site has optional color centers for extra cost. lol. and funny how they use the same forging method as intro forged. and its funny how you use the term generic so loosely just because you are not familiar with the wheels. its ok to be wrong sometimes...
Old 02-18-2002, 07:15 PM
10th Gear

we all should know by now that wheels with colored centers are ricer wheels.

Also wheels with multiple lug holes that will fit a "universal lug pattern"

I'm not saying that these wheels are not nice. In fact I'm sure they're much better than your average ricer rim. But they have optional colored center caps which is a definite minus. Since when do you see a ferrari or porsche rolling down a track with gay colored centercaps? the price is very unreasonable when you find out that you can get a set of advans or volks for about the same price. I'm saying that they're definitely not as good as HRE. Not even close to even Volk or SSR.
Have you ever been to the Volk website?

They offer custom colored centers for $30 a wheel.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300
its funny how HRE's site has optional color centers for extra cost.
HRE's site does not have custom colored center caps for extra cost. They do have different logo etched caps but they're not in different gay colors. Of course, the custom paint they're talking about in the center is only so the cap would match the rim. IE: you ordered a gunmetal rim.

I dont even know where you got that bs from. And i suspect the other guy is just another one of your aliases trying to promote your wheel.

Anyway, guys check this out: if you want a real wheel go here:

http://www.hrewheels.com/Car/index.htm
Old 02-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

HRE's site does not have custom colored center caps for extra cost. They do have different logo etched caps but they're not in different gay colors. Of course, the custom paint they're talking about in the center is only so the cap would match the rim. IE: you ordered a gunmetal rim.

I dont even know where you got that bs from. And i suspect the other guy is just another one of your aliases trying to promote your wheel.

Anyway, guys check this out: if you want a real wheel go here:

http://www.hrewheels.com/Car/index.htm

http://www.hrewheels.com/Pricing/index.htm

btw, you're the biggest idiot alive. do you know the diff between centers and center caps???

HRE Etched Aluminum Center Cap -
Standard HRE Logo Style or 640 Series Style
$57.00

HRE Color Logo Disk -
Standard HRE Logo (Red/White/Blue or Silver/Black) or 640 Series Style
$9.00

Plastic Flat Center Cap (Blank)
$15.00

Domed Aluminum Center Cap (Blank)
$36.00

Custom Etched Domed Aluminum Center Cap
$50.00 and up

O.E.M. Caps
$75.00 and up

340 Series Lug Cover for Hex Cap Setup
$57.00

340 Series Hex Cap
$57.00

Hex Cap Wrench
$15.00

Chrome Valve Stems
$8.00

Chrome Lug Sets:
20 piece
24 piece

$60.00
$72.00

Chrome Lug Bolt Sets
Call for Prices

Chrome Lock Sets (4)
$56.00

Corvette Pressure Sensor (Run Flat)
$130.00

FINISHES - All finishes are priced per wheel
LIST PRICING

Custom Paint - Centers Only
Start @ $45.00

High Polished Center - Featured in Brochure
$158.00

Brushed Aluminum Center and Outer Rim -
Includes Clear Coat
$158.00

Clear Coat - Center and Outer Rim
$57.00

Powder Coat Paint - Centers Only
$115.00

Anodizing:
Centers
Rims

$286.00
$69.00

Chrome Plated Center
$250.00

14 Carat Gold Plated Center - Priced to Market
$650.00 average per wheel

Custom Painted Bolts - Powder Coated
$3.00 and up

14 Carat Gold Assembly Bolts
$4.00
Old 02-18-2002, 10:38 PM
10th Gear

CHILL !~!

It's good to see people on this board trying to hook up other people and others trying to verify the ligitimacy of the "hook up."
I can see you guys are passionate about your wheels
I would be too if I was putting that much money on the line.
Since I haven't heard of IntroForged wheels, I can't speak about them. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided to contact them. Their site doesn't gave a contact number. Only after further searching, I came across an older site that has a contact number. After numerous attempts at contacting them at the number given, all I got was voicemails for Vince. That has my skeptical intuition going. LexusIS300, do you have another number I can reach them at so I can check out their shop/facility. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

I smell a rat!! I was reading the "Construction" page of the Intro Forged's web site and thought I've read this before....hmmm, was it Fikse Wheels. Low and behold, yes it was. Have a look below where I posted Intro Forged's wheel construction description followed by Fikse's.

Pure Plagiarism Every word but the names. They didn't copy Fikse's description of machining and bolting together the 3 pieces together, just a short sentence on "tig" welding the what 2 pieces together. LMAO!!! Also noticed they left out the German TUV approval statement that Fikse has......interesting.

Intro forged;http://www.introforged.com/v2/

"Inside a Intro Forged Forged Wheel - When one admires a gleaming finished Intro Forged's wheel, it's hard to imagine its humble beginnings: a hunk of unhewn aluminum and two flat sheets of aluminum. But thanks to the capabilities of modern manufacturing - forging, spinning and CNC machining - those crude raw materials are transformed into the highest quality forged modular wheels made today. Here's how Intro Forge creates its forged wheels: A Intro Forged wheel begins life as a simple hunk of metal alloy - a 28 pound, 7" diameter, 8" long piece of 6061-T6 aluminum.

Step one is to place the cylinder in a huge press, where thousands of tons of pressure slowly squeeze it into a 15-inch diameter disc about 1.5-inches thick. This process is called isothermal forging, and it has several advantages over cast or billet wheel centers.First, Intro Forged centers have a radial grain, like spokes of a wheel. This is the strongest type of aluminum internal structure for a wheel center. (Billet has a straight grain; cast, no grain at all.) The forged centers allow Intro Forged to build a light yet strong wheel.

After the aluminum cylinder is pressed into a disc, it goes to the machining center and a sophisticated CNC manufacturing cell, a marvel that occupies an entire room. Guided by its computer, the machine "thinks" through its own to-do list and cuts each disc completely - spokes, hub centers, lug-bolt pattern, assembly holes, finish cut. After machining, a protective clear-coat is applied to preserve the centers' mirror-like finish. The flexibility and speed of this manufacturing approach is at the heart of the way Intro Forged does business.

The rim outers are "spun" from aluminum, 5.2mm thick. Each outer begins as a flat aluminum disc, which is CNC spun against a mandrel, shaping it into a rim half. The rim center opening is then ma chined to mate precisely with the wheel center. The assembly holes and valve stem hole are also cut at this time. The result. a light, strong and round rim halves.

Once the center and rim halves are completed, the final wheel is assembled at Intro Forged USA's facility in Southern California. True to Intro Forged's commitment to quality, the rim outers and center are a precision fit, both pieces fit perfectly before being TIG welded together."

Now here is Fikse: http://www.fikse.com/inside.html

" Inside a FIKSE Forged Modular Wheel - When one admires a gleaming finished FIKSE forged modular wheel, it's hard to imagine its humble beginnings: a hunk of unhewn aluminum and two flat sheets of aluminum. But thanks to the capabilities of modern manufacturing - forging, spinning and CNC machining - those crude raw materials are transformed into the highest quality forged modular wheels made today.

Here's how FIKSE creates its forged modular wheels:

A FIKSE wheel begins life as a simple hunk of metal alloy - a 28-pound, 7" diameter, 8" long piece of 6061-T6 aluminum. Step one is to place the cylinder in a huge press, where thousands of tons of pressure slowly squeeze it into a 15-inch diameter disc about 1.5-inches thick. This process is called isothermal forging, and it has several advantages over cast or billet wheel centers. First, FIKSE forged centers have a radial grain, like spokes of a wheel. This is the strongest type of aluminum internal structure for a wheel center. (Billet has a straight grain; cast, no grain at all.) The forged centers allow FIKSE to build a light yet strong wheel.

After the aluminum cylinder is pressed into a disc, it goes to the machining center and a sophisticated CNC manufacturing cell, a marvel that occupies an entire room. Guided by its computer, the machine "thinks" through its own to-do list and cuts each disc completely - spokes, hub centers, lug-bolt pattern, assembly holes, finish cut. After machining, a protective clear-coat is applied to preserve the centers' mirror-like finish. The flexibility and speed of this manufacturing approach is at the heart of the way FIKSE does business.

The rim halves are "spun" from aluminum, 5.2mm thick. Each rim half begins as a flat aluminum disc, which is CNC spun against a mandrel, shaping it into a rim half. The rim center opening is then ma chined to mate precisely with the wheel center. The assembly holes and valve stem hole are also cut at this time. The result. a light, strong and round rim halves.

Once the center and rim halves are completed, the final wheel is assembled at FIKSE USA's facility in Seattle. True to FIKSE's commitment to quality, the rim halves and center are a precision "pilot" fit, all three pieces fit perfectly before any bolts are installed. The assembly bolt holes that encircle the wheel are precision fit aerospace-spec body-fit bolts. These bolts fit like dowel pins and boast a material strength rating of nearly 200,000 psi. Once the wheel is assembled, a bead of silicone sealant is run around the seam, eliminating any chance for air leakage.

FIKSE wheels are tested for radial and cornering fatigue to exceed SFI and JWL requirements and are TUV approved in Germany—the world's most demanding technical standard for wheels."

Intro Forged lost all trust or respect for me. You can't blame me for questioning them or their quality when you see such business ethics or lack there of. How do you explain this? Are you going to tell me these two companies are "owned" by another parent company?

I wonder who's S4 that is in the Intro Forged site??

Whats the deal here?

You tell me...
Old 02-19-2002, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Damn, that's sad to plagiarize like that. Thanks tuff gong for the detective work.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Cruisin'

we use the same process as fikse. Again we also produced rims for other manufactures such as Saleen, MHT, Neeper, Niche. If you guys don't think that is quality then that is up to you. TUV testing is not necessary in the U.S., and we would pass them all if we had to test the wheels.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:01 AM
10th Gear

Originally posted by cyans4
we use the same process as fikse. Again we also produced rims for other manufactures such as Saleen, MHT, Neeper, Niche. If you guys don't think that is quality then that is up to you. TUV testing is not necessary in the U.S., and we would pass them all if we had to test the wheels.

Sounds like you're from IntroForged. I tried contacting you guys, but kept getting a voicemail for Vince. So is there a contact number?
Old 02-19-2002, 03:03 AM
Cruisin'

Try that number again tommorrow. Most of us were out of the factory today.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:48 AM
10th Gear

Actually, tried calling you guys last week. But no one picked up. Tried many times. All I got was a voicemail for Vince.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:51 AM
Cruisin'

Did you leave a call back number for someone to call you back?
Old 02-19-2002, 12:41 PM
7th Gear

here's a link of a Intro Forged Groupbuy from Endless Motorsports, that not very many were interested in.

(it ended already)

http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=3714

later
William

Quick Reply: new wheels you guys might be interested in...