New Type-S TPMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Type-S TPMS Question

Well, I finally bought me one! Silver/Taupe A/T and loving it! There is a lot to learn about on these babies compared to my old '93 Maxima! I did some searching on TPMS and got some info but still have a question- I check my pressure using a metal, dial type guage that seems to be consistent. I don't expect my guage and the TPMS to match but I have one (pass./rear) that always shows at least 3 lbs. lower on the TPMS. My guage shows both rears as the same. Is this to be expected? This is in the morning, in my garage so no sun hitting some of the tires, etc. What is your experience with the TPMS and its relative accuracy/consistency?

John
Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtconte
Well, I finally bought me one! Silver/Taupe A/T and loving it! There is a lot to learn about on these babies compared to my old '93 Maxima! I did some searching on TPMS and got some info but still have a question- I check my pressure using a metal, dial type guage that seems to be consistent. I don't expect my guage and the TPMS to match but I have one (pass./rear) that always shows at least 3 lbs. lower on the TPMS. My guage shows both rears as the same. Is this to be expected? This is in the morning, in my garage so no sun hitting some of the tires, etc. What is your experience with the TPMS and its relative accuracy/consistency?

John
I never had a problem. I have a diff of 2 psi in thr rear than the front but when I drive they even out +/- 1 psi. Never really did check the psi with the gauge though. I will check it and get back with you. Are you liking the type s so far??? had mine for 2k miles so far and still loving it. just wait till about 1k miles and you should strat to see the car pulls harder. Other tl-s owners will tell you the same.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I have accesst to calbration equipment and my gauge is calibrated and dead on .... I like you have one rear what will show 4 Kpa different than the other even tho both are set at the same pressure. I figure the sensor is out of calibration .