Needs Rotors (maybe calipers)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needs Rotors (maybe calipers)

I need to get new Rotors put on my '06 Automatic TL. I am very confused as to what to get and how much to pay for installation.

Now I don't want to do any major modifications or anything. All I want is the same size as the stock rotors but alittle better. I was thinking slotted+drilled rotors and I was thinking those that look nice, powdered coat or likewise. (not the whole rotor, just the middle of it)

I see there's so many of them on line and I have no idea what is/isnt quality.

What should I get? Links would be helpful.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor

I am using Rotora slotted rotors with Rotora H2 ceramic pads. I got em from www.excelerateperformance.com. Josh also stocks a few other companies that i'm drawing blanks on. Shoot him a PM his user name is Excelerate.

Oh yea, the brakes aren't difficult to do, you could save a good amount of cash doing it yourself. there is a write up on how to do it if your not sure.

Also Marcus at www.heeltoeauto.com stocks brakes notably racing brake and a few others i'm not sure of either. You could PM him too his user name is Mrheeltoe
Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05BlkTL
I am using Rotora slotted rotors with Rotora H2 ceramic pads. I got em from www.excelerateperformance.com. Josh also stocks a few other companies that i'm drawing blanks on. Shoot him a PM his user name is Excelerate.

Oh yea, the brakes aren't difficult to do, you could save a good amount of cash doing it yourself. there is a write up on how to do it if your not sure.

Also Marcus at www.heeltoeauto.com stocks brakes notably racing brake and a few others i'm not sure of either. You could PM him too his user name is Mrheeltoe
Awesome dude, thanks for your help!

I went on Autoanything.com and I found some EBC rotors for $155 for the rears. Is that a good brand? What are the brands that I should stick to?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Instructor

EBC is a good brand, i had them and had good luck with them. However They are more expensive than the rotora's. Possibly more than racing brake, powerslot but not 100% on that. PM marcus and josh and see what prices they offer. Our site vendors help us out.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
ROTORA rotors and ROTORA H2 ceramic brake pads are a great combination. Better performance, low dust, low noise, much less prone to warpage than the OE rotors.

Use promo code AZ ROTORA for a discount on the rotors when ordering from our web store http://store.excelerateperformance.com
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Intermediate

i went with EBC Ultimax slotted rotors for the rear. I am not changing the fronts just yet - dont have the money - but I still want to replace all pads.

Are the Honda ceramic pads good or should I go with something else? I just want adequate braking, longer wear time, and low dust/low noise.