Need some coilover help!!! BC Racing anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some coilover help!!! BC Racing anyone?

Hey guys i have the option of 4 different setups all around the same price so I was wondering which one people prefer. The 4 are: Megan Racing ($1100), Ksport Kontrol Pro ($1000), Function Form 2 ($1250) or BC Racing($1150). My parts guy was really pushing the BC Racing coilovers saying they were better than all of the others in terms of quality and overall a better coilover...Also something about the shock being thicker than the other ones. These are Canadian prices which may seem why they're more than what you luck Americans can get them for For my setup its going to be an aggressive wheels setup and i need something with good height adjustabilty and good ride quality. What do you guys think?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I've never heard of BC Racing but I've heard positive reviews on the Megans and FF2 coilovers I myself am in the coilover market..
Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Cruisin'

I know so many options around the same price its tough to decide... I think i may just go with the Megans as they all have good reviews and you can get the car really low while the ride quality is still good. Im just curious about these BC Racing coilovers?!?!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Tein SS. The other two mentioned above will require a camber kit. Tein all the way.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
The selected drop amount and desired camber angle determine if a camber kit is needed, not the coilover brand.

Teins go low enough to warrant the use of a kit, especially for the rear.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by charmer888
You can't go wrong with a Tein SS. The other two mentioned above will require a camber kit. Tein all the way.
Ask a person who has the given brand and he/she will live and die by it because he has it. Amazing. Google up teins and there are so many crap reviews about them. Many of which they leak and crap out on in a short period of time. Some are on this forum with teins giving them issues. How I know>? Cause i've been doing research as well on peoples reviews who had them and experiences with them and other brands after that. Read unbiased reports from users and not from promoters. Here's one example of tein reviews http://my.is/forums/f89/tein-ss-review-300413/ there are many more i've come across. So all the people that have them will give good reviews. But ask a person who's used other brands as well and you hear a complete different story.

I'm still debating which coilovers to go with. One being that damper adjustment would be preffered along with height adjustment. Preffered but not a must. So far there isn't that much options to go with for our cars. Thus far Eibach pros have lifetime warranty and they have been in the coilover business longest. Ksport seems to be good too along with the megans but I have yet to make a decision. Megans are priced so good compared to the rest that it makes it tough not to pick it. Teins ss does not come complete while others do. One of the sites I found that has a very good competitive pricing for coilovers amongs other things is http://www.redlinemotive.com/shopbyc...ance/acura.asp What ever you choose good luck. I know I'll research first before spending that kind of money.

Last edited by PowerCommander; 09-05-2010 at 08:25 PM.