Need help with tire thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with tire thread!

I have searched for over 30 minutes now, looking for the long thread about the member who got Acura to replace his Turanza tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. The thread I am speak of even included letters sent to Acura (I believe the CEO).

I am about to make my case to Acura about the tires and cannot find this thread.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You in advance.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I was planning to post a new thread on this topic but since you have I will just use this. I got my tires replaced and aligned for free from Acura 2 weeks ago. I bought my car in June 04 and had 20,000 miles on it when I got the tires replaced.

The way I did it is bring it up on 2 seperate ocassions to 2 seperate dealers around I guess in the 13K - 18K range that my tires are balding. I got their framed anwsers of car design, high perofmance, low profile tires BS.... I asked for a quote to replace the tires which they said would be $1000...apparently the shittiest tires (Turanzas) are the most expensive, $240 a pop.

Next @ 19K or so my tires we BALD so I called up ACS and opened up a case (got a case #) next thing they said was to take it to a bridgestone dealer...did that and the guy took all the inf (VIN #) etc and called me back in an hour saying cant do...Bridgestone does not warranty tread wear etc... I called ACS back and they sort of also backed out saying we cant help you either...my argument was thatw $15K is a normal annual driving mileage in US and you cannot expect people to spend $1000 every year on TIRES!! thats ridiculous...

Next I did is go on the BBB (Better business Bureau) website and there is a link to auto/lemon complaint on the right side. It took me 10 minutes to fill out a complaint form with all the information and stuff. They also have a field which says how would you like to see this issue resolved...I put in that either bridgestone or acura replace these tires for free...PUT YOUR ACS CASE # IN THE COMPLAINT.

I did the above on a saturday and monday morning I recived a call from ACS saying we see that you have filed a complaint with BBB...If you can take the car to a dealer...they can measure tread depth and we can work something out. did that and 2 days later ACS called back saying they would replace the tires (unfortunately with "better updated" turanzas) for free and they would also throw in an alignmet.

I know Turanzas are POS but it hardly snows (maybe once a winter) in raleigh and I would rather make a couple of extra car payments then spend money on tires...if I dont have to so I agreed and a week later they put a brand new set and also aligned. I do think these are a little bit better then the previous ones (less flatspotting) but will have to wait till winter to verify.

anyways so you were looking for a different thread but point of my story is that filing a complaint with BBB and arguing with ACS that you want other brand of tires (i simply didnt have the time to go through that BS again so I agreed for new turanzas) might be your quickest way.

good luck
Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Try this one. Post #152. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=michelin
Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scrb09:
take your TL and the receipt from when your dealer replaced your Turanzas to a local Firestone/Bridgesone dealer:
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/index_bs.asp

Bridgestone has a 30 day drive warranty, and will replace your Turanzas w/ another Bridgestone. You would pay whatever difference in sugg retail price there might be, and mounting/balancing. for me it worked out to just under $65.00 for 4 S-03's.

i'm sorry if i misunderstood your PM's, but i did not/do not understand where you were in your battle w/ Bridgestone and the dealer and why a copy of my tire replacement invoices might have helped you.

just a side note: there is a disclaimer on the "30 day drive warranty" pamphlet that specifically excludes "OEM" tires. someone (your dealer) paid to replace the "OE" tires already, so the warranty can be applied. the rest of the TL/Turanza population are NOT eligible...