Loud squeaky front suspension after Tein lowering spring ( WITH VIDEO )

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:11 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loud squeaky front suspension after Tein lowering spring ( WITH VIDEO )

Just installed tein s.tech lowering spring. I have a VERY annoying and loud squeak front suspension. It comes from the driver side.

I shoot the top hat with lithium grease to see if it stop and It did for a 2 days and It started again. I spray more lithium grease on the top hat bushing but the noise is still there, very loud from inside and outside.

Any chance you know what I should do ? try, or change ?

video youtube :
Old 11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Take the wheel off, support car with jack stands.
Then jack up the lower control arm slowly until you hear where it's squeaking.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts
Is the spring seated correctly?

Also, going off what GP said, did you use the jack to raise the fork/suspension up into place before torquing the bolts on the top?
Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkTower19
Is the spring seated correctly?

Also, going off what GP said, did you use the jack to raise the fork/suspension up into place before torquing the bolts on the top?
I double checked the spring ans everything seems to be good.

No I did not used the jack to raise the fork, everything is tight when I put the strut spring in the fork ( buttom) I used a pry bar to lower everything and fit the new strut spring . I followed this video on youtube.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts
something easy to check would be the sway bar rubber mounts. Not the end links, but the mounts for the sway bar. Spray them with silicone or something and see if it quits. Something else to consider, If the shock is oem, then maybe the tein is too low for that shock? And the shock could be making noise.. not sure though..

You might want to check the upper arm bolts. DId you loosen the upper arm for any reason? If so,you may want to check them for tightness. And when you tighten those upper arm bolts, make sure you tighten them when the arm is up. Because it will put a bind on the rubber grommet in its natural sitting position. Ultimately, I would tighten the upper arm bolts with the weight of the car on a jack while the tire is off. That should be close to the normal resting position. Either way, they need to be tight so they don't swivel. It sounds like a rubber moving. Also, spray just 1 rubber grommet at a time, and then do the bounce. So you can identify which one is making the noise.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Different stance so best advice similar to above, I'd put the car up on ramps, suspension loaded and have someone bounce the car to locate the area then spray some lubricant on the various areas until the noise stops.