Jray906 Scammed me on the Koni Yellows

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up his Koni Yellows and the Neuspeed springs from this guy 2 months ago. I just recently installed them 3 days ago with another Acurazine Member. Soon that I realized the shocks are blown from the first 30 mins of driving. I took it to one of my buddies who tested it out. We pressed the car up and down and it's bounces more than 2 times up a drive way dip. I can't even drive my car cause it's making clunking noises and squeaking noises after every tiny bump. I called him and txted him cause he's local, but he's saying its my fault cause i dropped them too low or turned it to the stiffest setting for the dampering. I told him Koni Yellows are though shocks it could take an aggressive drop, and by telling him the first 30 mins of drive my car feels bouncy? I dont know what to do, I know where he lives. I've been txting him about it but he's being a asshole about it. I know how he would feel if someone else scammed him. This is his thread, and my car isn't drivable cause of the noises and clunking.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=koni

Last edited by furnac3; 10-31-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Go to his house and do something about it.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's the risks of buying used wearable parts...
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
r u sure they are blown?? every single one??

that would be really odd i can see one shock being blown but not all four. if you lower your car alot the ride is going to be stiff and feel different from stock thats for sure. squeaking and clunking not sure makes me think they are not seated/installed properly you might want to take one off and inspect and see if anything looks odd or any of the bolts are lose.

im pretty sure mods wont keep this thread open long because you cant just flame someone but it is a risk you take by buying used items from someone online they dont come with a money back guarantee. the only way you could get your $$ back is in small claims court if he knew they were deffective and still sold them to you but it is going to be hard to prove that.

my advise see if they are all installed properly and check the damping level
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by murph145
r u sure they are blown?? every single one??

that would be really odd i can see one shock being blown but not all four. if you lower your car alot the ride is going to be stiff and feel different from stock thats for sure. squeaking and clunking not sure makes me think they are not seated/installed properly you might want to take one off and inspect and see if anything looks odd or any of the bolts are lose.

im pretty sure mods wont keep this thread open long because you cant just flame someone but it is a risk you take by buying used items from someone online they dont come with a money back guarantee. the only way you could get your $$ back is in small claims court if he knew they were deffective and still sold them to you but it is going to be hard to prove that.

my advise see if they are all installed properly and check the damping level
They are installed properly. I noticed that before I installed one of the rears. We accident press the damper down and it didn't come back up by itself. That's when i knew something was fishy. We had to pull it back up ourselves. I should've tested it out b4 I bought them by press down all the dampers.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
according to the ad there are only 3k miles on them ... they dont look too old either, but thats not saying much ... hopefully just a bad install or a simple fix ... gluck to u
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by furnac3
They are installed properly. I noticed that before I installed one of the rears. We accident press the damper down and it didn't come back up by itself. That's when i knew something was fishy. We had to pull it back up ourselves. I should've tested it out b4 I bought them by press down all the dampers.
some shocks (on certain cars) do that even when brand new, so that is not a full on indicator of it being blown
but yes normally worn out shocks do that more often though (i have even seen worn out ones come back up VERY slowly, and eventually)

Originally Posted by VQPower37
according to the ad there are only 3k miles on them ... they dont look too old either, but thats not saying much ... hopefully just a bad install or a simple fix ... gluck to u
hopefully, but then again as Rejckt mentioned before they are wearable used parts afterall
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Brand new Konis won't come back up when you compress them.

What kind of spring rate are you running? There are a few things at work here.... You have a very stiff spring and the shocks set too soft. The spring overpowers the shock and it's bouncy.

Or you have a very stiff spring, shocks on firm and the stock rubber top hats give it a bounce sensation that you normally can't notice with softer springs.

Or it's slammed and on the bumpstops where the shocks basically only control the insane rebound. The TL has limited suspension travel from the factory and it doesn't take a whole lot of lowering to destroy the handling.

Is this happening on the front or rear? Any oil coming out of the shock at the body or at the top at the adjustments. If they're so far out that they don't work anymore, they usually bleed everywhere.

How low is your car?

The noises you describe could easily be the tophats or bushings.

Is there a way to make a video showing the bounce? I'm down that way all the time. I can stop by and look at it if you like.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I hate cars

What kind of spring rate are you running? There are a few things at work here.... You have a very stiff spring and the shocks set too soft. The spring overpowers the shock and it's bouncy.

Or you have a very stiff spring, shocks on firm and the stock rubber top hats give it a bounce sensation that you normally can't notice with softer springs.

Or it's slammed and on the bumpstops where the shocks basically only control the insane rebound. The TL has limited suspension travel from the factory and it doesn't take a whole lot of lowering to destroy the handling.

Is this happening on the front or rear? Any oil coming out of the shock at the body or at the top at the adjustments. If they're so far out that they don't work anymore, they usually bleed everywhere.

How low is your car?

Is there a way to make a video showing the bounce? I'm down that way all the time. I can stop by and look at it if you like.
Squeaking comes from the rear, and Fronts is clunking.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I hate cars

How low is your car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzH53Hvd5w

heres a video i just recorded.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:04 PM
B A N N E D

i don't see any issue with that video , any noise just sounds like it's coming from the camera
Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For the fronts,
Did you make sure you put the washer back?

On my install for the fronts, I did forget to do so and the clunking noise is coming from the rod hitting the strut bar.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Former Whiner

It is a very simple and overlooked mistake but it happens. Just sucks when you have to do it all over again.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIVab-TiMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5ZeP_IKek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jumsbxjX60w

heres some more vids
Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Go to his house and do something about it.
Bahah! Brilliant!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Souljah
For the fronts,
Did you make sure you put the washer back?

On my install for the fronts, I did forget to do so and the clunking noise is coming from the rod hitting the strut bar.
Word^^
Definitely sounds like the shock assemblies were assembled possibly in the wrong order or missing a washer. There should be at least 2 thick washers that came with the SP3's. The first one is right above the bump stop that the drilled out dust cover slides over. Then one washer at the very top over the bushings. The top nut should be touching this upper washer.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Drifting

i think u need to listen to i hate cars and souljah they both described some issues that could be at play here u seem to have just ignored what they are saying.

instead of video taping things we cant really hear or experience over a camera videa you need to look over the install and figure out whats at play here. yes shocks dont always rebound by being depressed i dont think those sounds are indications of a blown shocks i couldn't imagine all 4 being blown maybe 1 if even that... to me sounds like an install issue and if thats the case i wouldnt return ur calls or text either since thats ur deal...

who did u have help u lower ur car have they lowered TL's before?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Thats not blown shock noise, sounds more lie missing washers. Remember This part is made to fit on Accords & TSX's also. To fit our TL's you have to have all the washers in place to prevent the "clanking noise". They are just simple metal washers, if you dont have them, got to the hardware store & pick some up.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
So, OP, what's the word? Is it time for some:

????
Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Drifting

^ haha nice! yea i bet it is! all suspensions make a lil noise here and there espcially if you dont install correctly
Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
That really sucks dude...I dunno if the dude would have had you go to his house and pick up the stuff if he knew he was selling bad parts. Due to the fact he would know that you would install the parts, find out they were bad, and return to his house with a ass whooping in hand!

Hope everything works out for you. If it's not fixable or he won't give you your money back. Screw it, go throw a brick thru the windshield of his car. Problem solved.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
I have been waiting patiently for furnac3 to post in the thread and explain what happened. He has logged in but is strangely silent, even after I told him to post in the thread and clear this up.

Here's what he sent me in a PM:
Hey! I just swap out the suspension. the Koni Yellows aren't blown. He forgot to give me some spacers and a tube washer, and i just replaced them from Home Depot.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Hope everything works out for you. If it's not fixable or he won't give you your money back. Screw it, go throw a brick thru the windshield of his car. Problem solved.

in the next few days, we're gonna see a new thread from Jray906....
"Some Motherfucker just threw a brick into my windshield."
Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
I have been waiting patiently for furnac3 to post in the thread and explain what happened. He has logged in but is strangely silent, even after I told him to post in the thread and clear this up.

Here's what he sent me in a PM:
Hey! I just swap out the suspension. the Koni Yellows aren't blown. He forgot to give me some spacers and a tube washer, and i just replaced them from Home Depot.

Originally Posted by nfnsquared

.......has been served.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by justnspace
[/i]

.......has been served.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
lol glad everything worked out for both parties in the end
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO, i could see this happening
Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
LOL Hey I'm just saying what I would do!!! Glad everything worked out though.

I kinda figured that dude would NOT have had him come to his house to buy faulty equipment. And if he would have, then he deserved to get a bricked windshield!

beating people down will get you in trouble.

bricked windshields, chances are pretty damn good you wont ever get caught!

So if anyone does any exchanges of money and goods with me keep in mind, hope the items are as described! cause my brick throwing skills are up!

No but in all seriousness, i'm glad that dude didn't take you for a trip down BEAT STREET. Nice that it worked out and I hope you got a good deal on your merchandise
Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude the clunk can be any sound doesnt mean they are blown, check out my thread for the DIY megan clunk, maybe it can help and it will show you that the SLIGHTEST mistake can cause this..

Click on my sig.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Race Director

He's busy right now finishing off the last of his pie....
Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Instructor

He's busy right now finishing off the last of his pie....
haha..
Old 11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
furnc3 guy called out Jray906 to everyone on this forum. The least furnac3 could do is apologize to him.

And those videos were absolutely useless. I couldn't tell a thing from them.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Instructor

I agree. I think a public apology is in order (the least the OP could do after starting such an inflammatory thread about the seller without first double-checking his own work during the install) and the title of this thread should be changed.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

sorry for everything. I was just worried about my car. it wasn't drivable. I would like the admin to close this thread up. it was just a learning experience for me. I never had a suspension problem before.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Race Director

I certainly hope the Mods don't close this thread before you reconsider that weak ass apology...

Let me remind you what you've said about a fellow Azine member:

.....I've been txting him about it but he's being a asshole about it. I know how he would feel if someone else scammed him....
They are installed properly. I noticed that before I installed one of the rears. We accident press the damper down and it didn't come back up by itself. That's when i knew something was fishy. .....

Last edited by nfnsquared; 11-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Intermediate

I certainly hope the Mods don't close this thread before you reconsider that weak ass apology...

I was just angry and stressed out when my car wasn't drivable. I apologized to Jray for the mistake I've made. Just let he Mods change the topic of the thread instead of deleting it.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
B A N N E D