Ingalls rear camber kit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
hey all. i am installing the rear camber right now and having a hard time getting the bolts out in the back. any suggestions? i don't want to cut anything. it's the 14mm bolt i am talking about. doesn't it just slide off once you get the 17mm off?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
Unfortunately the only advice I have is to order new bolts, cam washers and nuts.

Then cut the bolts out and install new ones.

This is what I had to do. There was noting happening to get the old ones out.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Instructor

im gonna try hammering it with a rubber mallet. if not i'll have to end up cutting it.
thanks sauceja!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
Yeah I just went through this a few months ago. Good luck with pounding it out.
Some have been able to get it out. Mine didn't budge. It is just that one bolt. The body side of the toe arm. The other 3 bolts came right out.

delray acura is good to work with and they usually ship pretty fast.

Cam washer 52388-SDA-A00
nut 90216-SE0-010
adjusting bolt 52387-SDA-A00

You may not need the cam washer. But you will definately need the nuts, and bolts if you cut them.

Good luck. Die grinder and air compressor worked for me. Went through a couple blades. Or a sawzall is what some have used.

Wear safety glasses/goggles and use jack stands.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...7&catcgry3=4DR BASE&catcgry5=REAR LOWER ARM&pp=0&np=25#Acura TL REAR LOWER ARM

If you call delray ask for PJ. She is parts lady and very knowledgeable.
The following 2 users liked this post by sauceja:
IntactACK (01-13-2014), timsta (02-03-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor

i appreciate all the info! this really helps out a lot.
The following users liked this post:
cazio (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
I gotta revive this thread just to clear something up. from what I can see the silver jam nut side of the arms are closest to the body on the passenger side rear as pictured here, but what about the driver side rear? are they also closest to the body? I know this may be a stupid question but im alittle confused with the LH and RH ends from the instructions. if the silver jam nut side of the arms are LH then I'd assume on the driver side they would be closest to the tire not the body.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Instructions are in this link; they are very detailed.

https://www.ingallseng.com/Instructions/38725.pdf
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
The answer is, it makes no difference what side the silver and black nuts are on. None at all. Unless you are really anal and want to have the left and right symmetrical visually

PS cazio, can I borrow that pic? Would be really helpful for us.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Instructions are in this link; they are very detailed.

https://www.ingallseng.com/Instructions/38725.pdf
thanks but I have the instructions but they arnt very clear as far as my question goes
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
The answer is, it makes no difference what side the silver and black nuts are on. None at all. Unless you are really anal and want to have the left and right symmetrical visually

PS cazio, can I borrow that pic? Would be really helpful for us.
I don't mind at all bro, someone else posted it in the thread and I was just using it as reference. btw thanks for the ingalls!!! I received them yesterday and built them and coated threads with anti seize. just waiting on my top hats and hardware which hopefully will ship Wednesday
MrHeeltoe (05-23-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM
CARBON FIBER WDP TL

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
@mrheeltoe I installed my ingalls few weeks ago, did the alignment and after driving on the highway my rear seems to wobble from side to side. Any reason why.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by poormans_tl69
@mrheeltoe I installed my ingalls few weeks ago, did the alignment and after driving on the highway my rear seems to wobble from side to side. Any reason why.
make sure u unload ur bushings
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/d-i-y-relaxing-your-suspension-bushings-887486/
Old 05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
You could read this:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/j-power-camber-kit-review-864705/

It's about ingalls and J-Power weakness. You are just experiencing what a lot of people that can feel a car experienced.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
because you replaced spherical bearing with a flexible rubber lol..
Old 07-07-2013, 04:09 PM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
Reviving this thread because I'm having the same issue. The photobucket images are dead now so I don't really know if this is exactly what paperboy was experiencing but I will post mine up for some input.

This is the longer toe arm at the rear of the vehicle. This is a top view looking down of where it bolts to the spindle (aka knuckle). As you can see, the rubber bushing is rubbing against the knuckle and it's not even all the way tightened down at this point. I'm worried that this is going to cause the rubber bushing to quickly fail and I definitely don't want that to happen. Any idea what the problem may be?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by JJH
Reviving this thread because I'm having the same issue. The photobucket images are dead now so I don't really know if this is exactly what paperboy was experiencing but I will post mine up for some input.

This is the longer toe arm at the rear of the vehicle. This is a top view looking down of where it bolts to the spindle (aka knuckle). As you can see, the rubber bushing is rubbing against the knuckle and it's not even all the way tightened down at this point. I'm worried that this is going to cause the rubber bushing to quickly fail and I definitely don't want that to happen. Any idea what the problem may be?
I noticed the same thing and contacted Marcus at heeltoe auto about it. he said that many others have experienced this also and not to worry that I won't cause any issues or failures. on my TL only the passenger side pinched the rubber which is kinda weird but the ingalls have been on my car for a couple months now without any issues to speak of
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
yes thats the issue I was talking about in the OP. no issues, but I think thats just a design flaw that was overlooked, you can probably put a small washer to fill in the gap
JJH (07-12-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edsfedup
installed in about 2 hours. pretty straightforward. it was as easy as the RSB.
i haven't gotten an alignment yet.

a few comments:

1. i put on more than 10K miles on my BFgoodrich with a little more than -2.0 degrees camber and i did notice the inner blocks worn down more than the rest of the tire.

2. my wheels are closer to zero camber now, and from what i can tell the fenderwell gap has increased to about the same gap as the front (eibach pro kit). wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

3. i'm thinking of replacing the cam bolt on the control arm to something more permanent since it will no longer be used for adjustments. thoughts?

4. fyi regarding adjustments: as you increase camber (more positive), wheels will toe in and vice versa.

5. loctite on the jam nuts, is it necessary?

Hi

I was curious about the second hole on the camber arm bracket that is not being used on my tl as well as in the pic . Is it possible to move my camber arm to the other hole to achieve a little more negative camber?
and
why is it there?

I have stock arms with f2 coilovers looking for just a little more negative camber for my set up ... Thank You
Old 07-19-2013, 02:02 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
dont think it'll work because its moving up at the same time so you will need to extend the arm to stay at the same camber. if anything it'll probably give you less negaative camber than stock location
Old 08-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wobble at 60-65mph, not wheel balance issue

Hello all I been having a wobble on the highway coming from the rear it appears because there is not wobble or vibration in the steering wheel. I first suspected wheel balance but today I had that checked that the balance was slightly off but nothing that would cause the wobble. I had it corrected and test drove and the proble still remains. I called a shop about doing a alignment and when they found out they its a 05 Acura TL the shop guy started telling me that on those cars I will most likely need a kit installed to do the alignment on the rear and mentioned something about 3pcs that need to be changed cost around 600$ ouch!. I'm assuming control arms but heres my question if I were to need a alignment done if I installed the Ingalls 2 control arm kit would that allow me both toe and camber adjustments? Because with a 600$ eat if I need alignment I will install these myself and go back and get another alignment done and still be up 350$ if I were to have the shop do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
08 CBP TL-S

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
well installed my rear camber arms and bushings egged out aready. not even 30 days in. car drives like shit and very wobbley in the rear. going back to stock arms and getting the spc kit
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Lester86
Hello all I been having a wobble on the highway coming from the rear it appears because there is not wobble or vibration in the steering wheel. I first suspected wheel balance but today I had that checked that the balance was slightly off but nothing that would cause the wobble. I had it corrected and test drove and the proble still remains. I called a shop about doing a alignment and when they found out they its a 05 Acura TL the shop guy started telling me that on those cars I will most likely need a kit installed to do the alignment on the rear and mentioned something about 3pcs that need to be changed cost around 600$ ouch!. I'm assuming control arms but heres my question if I were to need a alignment done if I installed the Ingalls 2 control arm kit would that allow me both toe and camber adjustments? Because with a 600$ eat if I need alignment I will install these myself and go back and get another alignment done and still be up 350$ if I were to have the shop do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The guy at the shop is, at best, halfway educated on anything to do with TLs. Forget everything he told you. Email us at support@heeltoeauto.com.

The camber will not cause a "wobble." Alignment will not cause a "wobble." How do the tires look? If the tires have irregular wear that could cause a vibration issue...and an alignment would fix the tire wear.

The shocks might be bad...how many miles are on those? Does the car feel tight or like a cushy pimp-mobile?

Originally Posted by 515kbpUA7
well installed my rear camber arms and bushings egged out aready. not even 30 days in. car drives like shit and very wobbley in the rear. going back to stock arms and getting the spc kit
I am not sure what egging is...but they are rubber and do deform a bit. Just because they are squished does not mean they are bad. A pic would be helpful here. Where did you buy the kit at? Email us at support@heeltoeauto.com.

Originally Posted by cazio
I noticed the same thing and contacted Marcus at heeltoe auto about it. he said that many others have experienced this also and not to worry that I won't cause any issues or failures. on my TL only the passenger side pinched the rubber which is kinda weird but the ingalls have been on my car for a couple months now without any issues to speak of
I am not recalling conversations from a year ago...but, while a few people mentioned bushing deformation to us, we have had almost NOBODY do anything about it. The deformation of the bushing has nothing to do with the contact with the arm. That has always touched right there.

But case in point...squishy rubber in the bushings is by design. They are better for NVH than poly is.

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
yes thats the issue I was talking about in the OP. no issues, but I think thats just a design flaw that was overlooked, you can probably put a small washer to fill in the gap
The slight contact between the bushing and the arm there causes no adverse affect on the function or longevity of the bushing. For more than ten years and hundreds of customers this has never been an issue at all. It is not evidence of a bushing issue, and it is not evidence of any problem that we know of at all. Yes, perhaps to do it over Ingalls may choose to spec a smaller diameter bushing, but do to the fact that no issues have arisen over the long term it cannot be justified. We have never EVER linked this contact with any ill function of the kit whatsoever. If someone here can prove otherwise, please email evidence to support@heeltoeauto.com.

Thank you!