I'm torn between these two suspensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 02:57 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm torn between these two suspensions

ok. I'm really torn on which suspension i should get.. can't decide.
I know they are very different but just hear me out

option 1: comptech springs
option 2: Tein SS-P

I'm only lowering 1" anyway.. so height wise is the same for both... but the Tein's DO give me an option at any point... 1 point for tein....
the comptech should retain the stock comfortablness but give me some handling AND retain the warranty (my local dealer said they'll warranty with comptech)... 1 point for comptech
Supposedly i can get the stock comfortablness from the tein, not to sure on that one. but i have the ability to change the dampers at any time.... 1 point for tein.
Comptech springs are 200 bucks while Tein SS-P is around 1400...... 1 point for comptech.

see??? i dunno.. if i get comptech.. will i regret not getting teins???? i mean for 200 bucks.. thats not bad! but an extra 1200 can get me "options" down the road.. but that's 1200 bucks!!!

what do you think?

also in my last car (honda accord) I had neuspeed sports.. they lower 1.5" with stock shocks and the ride was nice, but bouncy at time on the freeway where the road was a bit wavy. will the comptechs do that? cause i know the tein's won't
Old 02-27-2005, 03:15 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MugenR
ok. I'm really torn on which suspension i should get.. can't decide.
I know they are very different but just hear me out

option 1: comptech springs
option 2: Tein SS-P

I'm only lowering 1" anyway.. so height wise is the same for both... but the Tein's DO give me an option at any point... 1 point for tein....
the comptech should retain the stock comfortablness but give me some handling AND retain the warranty (my local dealer said they'll warranty with comptech)... 1 point for comptech
Supposedly i can get the stock comfortablness from the tein, not to sure on that one. but i have the ability to change the dampers at any time.... 1 point for tein.
Comptech springs are 200 bucks while Tein SS-P is around 1400...... 1 point for comptech.

see??? i dunno.. if i get comptech.. will i regret not getting teins???? i mean for 200 bucks.. thats not bad! but an extra 1200 can get me "options" down the road.. but that's 1200 bucks!!!

what do you think?

also in my last car (honda accord) I had neuspeed sports.. they lower 1.5" with stock shocks and the ride was nice, but bouncy at time on the freeway where the road was a bit wavy. will the comptechs do that? cause i know the tein's won't

I had the same dilema just like yourself. I was contemplated whether to go with H&R racing springs (2inch front 1.75rear) $400 cdn including install or go with TEIN Basic coilovers for $1100 cdn install. That is a $600 cdn difference. Now my decision is going with the TEIN with the flexibility I have in adjusting the height which I find a huge benefit in. In future I would like to put 19's and I live in Vancouver which snows sometimes during winter so I would like to jack the height up and go low during the summer times. Plus the TEIN coilover comes with the whole kit which the springs should match up well with the shocks. I figure I mine as well do it right the first time and not having to worring about it later on changing out the OEM shocks. So hope you make the right decision as it is not easy and depends on what you want and needs are here. Goodluck!!!