Iforged wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Iforged wheels

Hay,
Iam about to order some Iforged wheels but dont know which ones to get
I plan on getting 19x8.5 for the fronts and 19x10 for the rears with a 38 offset. If you guys see any problem with that please tell me.

These are the classics
http://www.iforged.com/showroom/view...m55&id=classic

These are emotion
http://www.iforged.com/showroom/view...m55&id=emotion
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Classics all the way. You can also get the Ron Jon 1pFs for a fraction of the cost.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Wants an M3 in

Although the original Devotions were closer to the iforged wheels. Anywho, classics!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st one looks like its eaiser to clean. but 2nd looks better imo
Old 06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Although the original Devotions were closer to the iforged wheels. Anywho, classics!
I dont really like any of the RonJon rims, I really like the classics.
But thanks for your opinion
Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Personally I like the Emotion more than the Classic. Also, this is just my opinion here but um staggered setups really should be left to RWD cars. I would go with the 8.5 all around. However, it's not my car and basically if you like the staggered look then well thats all that matters.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Racer

Not a fan of the rivets on the rims.....really takes away from the sleekness of the wheels in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Pro

hey shayan,

I really like those classics, similar to my 547r's..but the emotions are very nice as well....u have great taste in wheels. it depends oon what finish u will end up getting?...i take it u have a silver TL judging from ur avatar. Let us know what finish ur going to get. But u cant go wrong with either wheel.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Classics ftw!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:12 PM
acura-cl.com OG

classics, but they look REAL similar to the RonJon Devotions. Personally, like someone else said, I'd buy those and save the cash.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the Classics better, in a brushed finish. I think the thing that always made me not Quite like Devotions on MY car was the fact that the center hub area is so broad. If there were less material there it would be cleaner and more appealing to me. There's hope for the future I guess.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

I like the emotion............the others look too much like the Ron Jon's,as stated above also.But very high quality wheels :either one can't go wrong.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shayan
Hay,
Iam about to order some Iforged wheels but dont know which ones to get
I plan on getting 19x8.5 for the fronts and 19x10 for the rears with a 38 offset. If you guys see any problem with that please tell me.

These are the classics
http://www.iforged.com/showroom/view...m55&id=classic

These are emotion
http://www.iforged.com/showroom/view...m55&id=emotion

I give the Classics 2 thumps up.

I think 19x10's for the rear would look sick if it comes with a very deep dish. However, I would go with a much higher offset such as a 45mm and up. 45mm will extend the Iforge Rim 25mm from OEM. Plus I would go with 255/30/19 tires to be safe from rubbing in the rear. Keep us updated which rims you are going with.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Acuracy
hey shayan,

I really like those classics, similar to my 547r's..but the emotions are very nice as well....u have great taste in wheels. it depends oon what finish u will end up getting?...i take it u have a silver TL judging from ur avatar. Let us know what finish ur going to get. But u cant go wrong with either wheel.
Well actully, I have a nbp TL. The finish that I was leaning more toward was hyper gunmetal or anthracite. I like black to but the down side of black wheels is that you cant see the design.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

I like the classics , looks like the J-lines my boy has on his CL
Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ed99
I give the Classics 2 thumps up.

I think 19x10's for the rear would look sick if it comes with a very deep dish. However, I would go with a much higher offset such as a 45mm and up. 45mm will extend the Iforge Rim 25mm from OEM. Plus I would go with 255/30/19 tires to be safe from rubbing in the rear. Keep us updated which rims you are going with.
Thanks for telling me, I dont know anything when it comes to offsets
So you think 45 mm is good? Should I do that all around or just in the back?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Old 06-21-2006, 02:02 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Thanks for telling me, I dont know anything when it comes to offsets
So you think 45 mm is good? Should I do that all around or just in the back?

Coming from my experience with my rims I think 19x8.5 35mm offset is perfect for your fronts. 35mm will sit pretty close to flush with the wheel well. I thought the same way as you did when I was buying my rims. I wanted black spokes at first but later thought "what is the point when ppl can't even see the design of the wheel" Therefore, I went with silver. But anthracite would be nice too. At least you can still see the wheels.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Burning Brakes

all right guys! I ve made my decision and I am going to go with the classics in anthracite. They should look like this:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I just hope my car will look as good as this one
I want to thank everybady that posted for helping me decide which wheels to get. This was a tuff decision but you guys helped me alot
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Racer

Those are sharp. I'm not really feeling the rivets but congrats on your choice! Gotta love toys...
Old 06-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hell yeah! Exactly what I was meaning! Those are going to be bad-f'n-ass when you get 'em. I can't wait to see those installed. I'm jealous.

Nice pics of my dream car too.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Pro

all right guys! I ve made my decision and I am going to go with the classics in anthracite. They should look like this:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I want to thank everybady that posted for helping me decide which wheels to get. This was a tuff decision but you guys helped me alot

that m looks sick...those are the same wheels i have..they look like the 547r's..could be wrong...but it will look sick on ur car man..hurry up and order them....
Old 06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by legionofdoom
Those are sharp. I'm not really feeling the rivets but congrats on your choice! Gotta love toys...

the rivets are tight son!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:36 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These wheels will look sick on a TL. Can't wait to see pics once you put these babies on.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
acura-cl.com OG

that m looks sick...those are the same wheels i have..they look like the 547r's..could be wrong...but it will look sick on ur car man..hurry up and order them....
That's not an M3, but it does look sharp.
I like those wheels in anthracite, not so much in polished because they look too much like the devotions.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Burning Brakes

I think Iforged is like RonJon, they steal other peoples designs. So I think Hre's came out with the design first and then Iforged came out with it. I saw your car in invincibles thread, and that thing looks amazing
Old 06-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ding069
That's not an M3, but it does look sharp.
I like those wheels in anthracite, not so much in polished because they look too much like the devotions.

wow..ur right...it isnt a M...dont know how i overlooked it..thanks

shayan..thanks for the compliments...urs will look sick as soon as u get them

Travis
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
I think Iforged is like RonJon, they steal other peoples designs. So I think Hre's came out with the design first and then Iforged came out with it. I saw your car in invincibles thread, and that thing looks amazing

Please don't say that, We design everything from scratch, unfortunatly the designs on forged wheels are VERY limited unlike cast wheels, since most forged wheels use the same blanks. We sometimes have to add features and characteristics that will make our wheels more detailed and different.

A few differences are the webbing between the spokes, the more defined center dip, the inner lip design, the single rivets to offset the valve stem, the etched writing, and completelyt different profile. Most of all, the specs, we only make wheels for Acura, alot of other wheels have wrong offsets and hubbores.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 PM

If you're going to go with Iforged.. take it from my experience.. get 35mm all around. Roll the fenders in the back. If you're going with 10's in the back, that should sit perfect. Do they offer the extra 1" lip for this model?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=rondog]Please don't say that, We design everything from scratch, unfortunatly the designs on forged wheels are VERY limited unlike cast wheels, since most forged wheels use the same blanks. We sometimes have to add features and characteristics that will make our wheels more detailed and different.

Sorry, I said that in a wrong way You guys have very similar wheels but what I was trying to say was that I think Hre's came out with the design first because I didnt see other wheels like that. Dont get me wrong, I like your rims, but I like rivets and I dont think you guys offer rivets. Sorry if I seemed like a jackass
Old 06-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by invincible569
If you're going to go with Iforged.. take it from my experience.. get 35mm all around. Roll the fenders in the back. If you're going with 10's in the back, that should sit perfect. Do they offer the extra 1" lip for this model?

I orderd the rims from D2autosport.com and I wasnt offered the extra inch lip. When I filled out the online order form, it didnt say anything about extra inch. As far as the offset goes, they didnt ask me for it either; I thought that was kind of wierd. But a guy from the website called me an hour later and discussed my order further. He seemed like he did his research because he began to tell me that the 10's would not fit in the back. I told him that it is possible after I roll the fenders and then he replied by saying that that is fine. I dont know if every wheels website calls after to confirm the order, but I was pleased. At first, I was ordering 3 piece wheels and was going with 8.5's in the front, but he told me that I could save a couple hundred bucks by going with 2 piece wheel. The only difference between 3 and 2 piece is that 3 piece can be expanded in .5 sizes. He said that I will save money by going with 8's and it will look flush too. I just hope he was wright and they do look flush. We will just have to wait and see
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 AM

I orderd the rims from D2autosport.com and I wasnt offered the extra inch lip. When I filled out the online order form, it didnt say anything about extra inch. As far as the offset goes, they didnt ask me for it either; I thought that was kind of wierd. But a guy from the website called me an hour later and discussed my order further. He seemed like he did his research because he began to tell me that the 10's would not fit in the back. I told him that it is possible after I roll the fenders and then he replied by saying that that is fine. I dont know if every wheels website calls after to confirm the order, but I was pleased. At first, I was ordering 3 piece wheels and was going with 8.5's in the front, but he told me that I could save a couple hundred bucks by going with 2 piece wheel. The only difference between 3 and 2 piece is that 3 piece can be expanded in .5 sizes. He said that I will save money by going with 8's and it will look flush too. I just hope he was wright and they do look flush. We will just have to wait and see

I was going to order from D2 also and the guy was nice until I started to ask questions.. then he started to get upset as if I was questioning his experience. You do have the option of telling Iforged that you want your wheels flush to the fender and they will do that. When I called Iforged about this, they would not give out the offset size as its a secret supposedly, but they guaranteed the wheels being flushed. I didnt choose that route and just told them 35mm all around. I was happy with the order, but realized the back wheels werent as flush as I wanted them to be so I added a 15mm spacer and now its perfect. I want to see how your wheels come out and I am sure it will be perfect. You may want to respond back and tel them you want the biggest lip possible.

Oh and yes a 8" will also sit flush. It all depends on the offset, not the width of the wheel. I really wanted step lip really bad, but it was a 2 pc.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I love how your wheels look, they are perfect on your car. I remember reading your thread and you kept changing something like every week. You either kept lowering it or you were doing something with the wheels. Are your wheels 2 piece or 3 piece? I felt like I was cutting my self short by getting the 2 piece. Oh one more thing, will the wheels fit on my car if I ask them to put on the biggest lip?Another thing I regreat is that the wheels are not gonna be able to fit the bbk. I guess that is fine because I dont plan on doing that. Do you think I will need to tell them if I get the Acura brembo brakes?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro

I love how your wheels look, they are perfect on your car. I remember reading your thread and you kept changing something like every week. You either kept lowering it or you were doing something with the wheels. Are your wheels 2 piece or 3 piece? I felt like I was cutting my self short by getting the 2 piece. Oh one more thing, will the wheels fit on my car if I ask them to put on the biggest lip?Another thing I regreat is that the wheels are not gonna be able to fit the bbk. I guess that is fine because I dont plan on doing that. Do you think I will need to tell them if I get the Acura brembo brakes?

i know when i ordered my wheels i told them i had a BBK...HRE wanted me to send them a template..so i had to get one from rotora. If ur looking into getting a BBK in the future just make sure ur not shooting urself in ur foot by ordering wheels that wont fit it. If you plan on ordering a BBK tell them that and they mite ask for a template so then u would call which ever company u will buy the bbk from and get it. Just my

Travis
Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

i know when i ordered my wheels i told them i had a BBK...HRE wanted me to send them a template..so i had to get one from rotora. If ur looking into getting a BBK in the future just make sure ur not shooting urself in ur foot by ordering wheels that wont fit it. If you plan on ordering a BBK tell them that and they mite ask for a template so then u would call which ever company u will buy the bbk from and get it. Just my

Travis

Thanks for telling me, but Im pretty sure Im not going to get that as my budget wont allow it. Do you think I could put on the 6speed Brembo brakes? And if so, around how much would that cost me?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro

Thanks for telling me, but Im pretty sure Im not going to get that as my budget wont allow it. Do you think I could put on the 6speed Brembo brakes? And if so, around how much would that cost me?

Actually there are a few threads about this...For a Auto TL to get the 6sp Brembo set up would be alot of work and money compared to the BBKs that are out. Do a quick little search and all ur questions will be answered about this topic...thats why the BBK from rotora, stoptech, brembo are the way to go...

Travis
Old 06-24-2006, 08:27 PM

They are 3pc. I only got 3pc for bragging rights. Either way, it wont affect the ride or performance because this is a daily driver and I dont drive crazy. A 2 pc. wheel is just as good. They are a bit cheaper too.

yes your wheels should fit and if you tell them you are getting BBK then it will change the size of your lip in the front. Like Acuracy said, its not worth changing to Acura Brembo's. I havent had any problems braking in mine. Its still good, but not as good as stock since the wheels are larger and possibly a bit heavier.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by invincible569
They are 3pc. I only got 3pc for bragging rights. Either way, it wont affect the ride or performance because this is a daily driver and I dont drive crazy. A 2 pc. wheel is just as good. They are a bit cheaper too.

yes your wheels should fit and if you tell them you are getting BBK then it will change the size of your lip in the front. Like Acuracy said, its not worth changing to Acura Brembo's. I havent had any problems braking in mine. Its still good, but not as good as stock since the wheels are larger and possibly a bit heavier.
I was looking at your 20's thread, and Iam surprised that you dont have the Big Brake Set up? One thing that I was afraid of is that when I get my rims, I thought they would look bad because I would have stock brakes, but after looking at yours, they dont look bad at all. What I will probbaly end up doing is that I will just get slotted or drilled rotors and call it a day.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:00 PM

I was looking at your 20's thread, and Iam surprised that you dont have the Big Brake Set up? One thing that I was afraid of is that when I get my rims, I thought they would look bad because I would have stock brakes, but after looking at yours, they dont look bad at all. What I will probbaly end up doing is that I will just get slotted or drilled rotors and call it a day.
I thought the same thing. I really thought the brakes would look too small, but you cant even tell. I was in the same position as you.. I didnt want BBK and just wanted an agressive big lip wheel. But now that I have these wheels, I am able to add BBK if I wanted.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro

shayan..u can get the aftermarket slotted/drillled rotors and some new pads and u should be good...but i would recommend the BBK to everyone..Its not until u feel the diferance with the BBK then youll know how much the stock system is lacking...i was never satisfied with the stock system but im used to BBK on my other car maybe thats why i needed it. But if u dont drive hard then u should be fine and it really doesnt look that bad against the 20s....just my

Quick Reply: Iforged wheels