i need a camber kit. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need a camber kit. HELP!

i dont know shit about a camber kit (never even heard of it until last week) and need some help. where do i get them? whats a good brand? do they void any kind of warranty?
i was told i need 3 but should i just get all 4 done?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by edsonfire
i dont know shit about a camber kit (never even heard of it until last week) and need some help. where do i get them? whats a good brand? do they void any kind of warranty?
i was told i need 3 but should i just get all 4 done?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Im using SPC kits and i got them from MrHeelToe on this site...i know Excelerate sells em too..great units and they get the job done...i mean even if it voids the warranty they are still a must if ur dropped. Save ur tires so u wouldnt have to spend extra money because ur tires are wearing unevenly.

Travis
Old 06-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
no real need for the camber kit on the tl. just make sure you get a good alignment with the correct toe and you'll be fine!!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:49 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Originally Posted by Darkcyde024
no real need for the camber kit on the tl. just make sure you get a good alignment with the correct toe and you'll be fine!!
are you sure about that? my camber is almost a whole degree off on the rear. they were able to get my toe perfect. so you think the toe is what made my tires wear so quick last time? my toe was off before by over a degree and a half.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
|AM.UA6|

are you sure about that? my camber is almost a whole degree off on the rear. they were able to get my toe perfect. so you think the toe is what made my tires wear so quick last time? my toe was off before by over a degree and a half.
You should be fine, my rear camber on the TL is off by 2.2 degrees, but the toe is close to 0..... the most important factor to tire wear is the toe. As long as your toe is close to 0, you will be fine.

I have a prelude with close to 2.5 negative camber on the rear, and the tires are wearing quite evenly.....so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Burning Brakes

my alignment was screwed after my springs settled. -3.2 camber on one wheel. i ordered the eibach camber kit from www.drivewire.com for $140 shipped & my alignment is all in the green now. i only needed it for the rear. they are adjustable control arms. it came in an eibach box but the part says S P C. the ride feels sooo much better.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts

A degree and a half is a lot for toe. That will account for a lot of your tire wear.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i actually talked to mr.heeltoe about this issue while he installed my shocks. when it comes to tire wear, he said it's not about the camber, but about the toe. and it's true, you should see the camber on my girls 350Z! and her tires are perfect. i would be interested to see if it helped the ride quality though!?!? for only $140, doesn't seem like a bad mod.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

wierd thing is, before i got a realignment with my toe waayyyy off, it felt like it handeled better. with the alignment, my toe was corrected, but the caster and camber remained the same (caster was already in). now my steering seems not as tight like im worried when i hit bends hard and when i accelerate, i get a bit of the wobbles in the wheel. why is this happeneing?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I am not sure why you are getting wobbles in the wheels unless the lugs are loose. Your toe will effect your handling though, just as caster and camber will.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
|AM.UA6|

wierd thing is, before i got a realignment with my toe waayyyy off, it felt like it handeled better. with the alignment, my toe was corrected, but the caster and camber remained the same (caster was already in). now my steering seems not as tight like im worried when i hit bends hard and when i accelerate, i get a bit of the wobbles in the wheel. why is this happeneing?
It should be vice versa. Before the alignment, the car should wobble when going over pot holes and handle like crap (slipping). And after the alignment, the car should handle way better.......

If you feel that the car is wobbling after an alignment, then there is something wrong with the alignment or the lugs are loose. Double check your lugs to make sure they are torqued properly because I remember a member here had his suspension done, and the shop did not tighten the lugs correctly or up to spec and end up losing a wheel while driving. So defintely check on that. Did you take it to a reputable shop who knows their stuff or who specializes in only suspension work??
Old 06-14-2006, 08:13 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

everything is to spec. nothing changed in the alignment except the toe was set to 0. my totque settings are 80lbs on the lugs just as acura specifies.