Help: New Brakemotive rotors and brakes rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help: New Brakemotive rotors and brakes rubbing

Hi All,

I am in a crazy situation. So I fall back to trusted resource for a solution.I took my vehicle to Nissan dealer (due to convenience and cheaper) to replace my rear rotors and brakes since Acura dealer asked me to replace during oil change and multipoint inspection. So I bought breakmotive rotors took the Nissan dealer.

During the removal mechanic said they broke the emergency brake hardware kit inside the driver side rotor due to rust build up inside and need to replace it. So they replaced the both side So after replacing and drive one day I noticed passenger side rotor made weird marking on the rotor (not the full width wearing but just thin line closed to the edge of the rotor comparing to driver side).

So i took back to the dealer and they said they are not sure why and fixed it but I still for some reason feel wired when driving and I did hear hissing noise coming from that side...So took it back. They said its the caliper and it does not release well. So need to replace it. So replace that too...(this was spanning from Tuesday to Friday this week. I have to drive...Monday to Washington DC). It was replaced on Friday. Dealer said I still have hissing noise due to its all brand new and let brake down and just drive to DC. If issue is still there they said I might have warped rotor. I have Breakmotive rotors in front for 3 years no issues.

Now I drove today quite a bit and I still feel weird and when I stopped and check I felt more heat from the passenger side and I feel it has already worn out way more than the driver side. So I took to Monroe muffler and breaks. They put the vehicle up and showed me that driver side tire is moving freely but they need to put more force to rotate the passenger side.

They said they are not sure what is the issue and advise I should take it back to the dealer. They said they believe it is defective caliper. I am really upset and pissed. As I have to drive to DC on Monday.

Any suggestion on what is going on? New rotors, New brakes, New Emergency brakes, New Caliper. Should I go and shout at the Dealer? Whats wrong here? Is it safe for me to drive like this to DC from upstate New York?

I am attaching the pictures...of the two rotors. Appreciate the input.

The one with the issue (passenger rear)
https://i.imgur.com/yt7efil.jpg

One with no issues (driver side rear)
https://i.imgur.com/dWLVv00.jpg
Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Can't believe it has anything to do with the "e" brake, so the only other item that might be checked is the flexible brake hose, possibly an internal break.
As far as driving a great distance, one never knows when the pads will hang up and possibly overheat.
Might want to invest in an Infrared Temp gun to check the rotor temps today before heading tomorrow.

Last edited by Turbonut; 06-29-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Make sure the piston isn't seized and grease up all pins/hardware?

Doesn't sound like a very knowledgeable dealership you're dealing with...