Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay so ive recently decided to drop my car. 1 inch in the back and 1.5 in the front. ive ordered the tein ss springs and theyre sitting in my trunk.
ive asked around in a few shops and some say i need new shocks/struts some say i dont....
so im here to ask those of us who actually HAVE TL's...

what do i do?
do i need new shocks/struts or can i just ride the springs with my stocks?

and do necessarily i need a camber kit after i drop the car?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 AM
7th Gear

its an acura TL 2005
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 610 Likes on 514 Posts
^Did you mean to say that you purchased Tein S-tech springs? You may need new shocks only depending on how many miles are on your original shocks. The S-tech's are used by many members,many on stock shocks with no issues.
As far as camber kit, that is for you to decide. I have one, only to get the proper allignment spec to save my tires. On the other hand, camber doesn't kill the tires, it's toe. Many members have had great success with getting the toe set as close if not set to 0.00, with allignment, and some neg. camber, with no problems (proper rotation every 5k miles). Good Luck! Hope that helps.....
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
^Did you mean to say that you purchased Tein S-tech springs? You may need new shocks only depending on how many miles are on your original shocks. The S-tech's are used by many members,many on stock shocks with no issues.
As far as camber kit, that is for you to decide. I have one, only to get the proper allignment spec to save my tires. On the other hand, camber doesn't kill the tires, it's toe. Many members have had great success with getting the toe set as close if not set to 0.00, with allignment, and some neg. camber, with no problems (proper rotation every 5k miles). Good Luck! Hope that helps.....

yeah that... the s-tech springs.
the car has 82k and its a daily driver. thats the reason im debating whether or not to get shocks.
i had my alignment done about 8 months ago and i was told that i needed to get a camber kit... ive been putting it off for a while but the car drives perfectly fine.

thank you for the help =]
Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
if you have 82k on your OEM shocks, i would not install these tein springs on them. just my two cents.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:47 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 610 Likes on 514 Posts
^yeah like said above, I would not install them on your shocks. Probably get some new oem, or if your performance oriented some Koni Yellows, or another aftermarket shock. Member "CLtotheTL32" has the same springs you do on oem shocks, look for his threads in photo gallery to get some pics.

OT-Shark we need some shots of this new hood!

Last edited by Slpr04UA6; 04-23-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Get new shocks and just to the job once. I had 85k on mine and I replaced the shocks with tokico hp blue. Also keep in mind that lowering your car will kill your shocks faster so if you do plan on lowering it with your stock shocks with 83k they will go out on you any time soon.