H&R Front sway bar with konis yellows and progress rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
H&R Front sway bar with konis yellows and progress rear sway bar

I know yet another thread started by the guy who wants as much performance parts he can get his hands on on his car, only this time I have a question regarding how an H&R front sway bar grouped along with konis yellows and a progress rear sway will affect handling. I'm assuming most here haven't had any experience using all these parts together on their cars but I'll take a jab with this question anyway to see who can help. The reason I'm asking this question is because the user named Justnspace suggested I go with a different setup with the H&R front sway bar rather than konis springs because it might make the handling of the car worse so I wanted to find out from any of you guys if you have any experience with a setup of konis yellows and H&R front sway bar and how this affected the handling of the car after this setup was done?
Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
I guess you are still new to the mod play ground, every body has different taste in mods kinda similar to food taste do you like your pizza thin crust or regular, extra cheese? extra sauce? You won't know the outcome unless you test drove someone car with similar set up.

Crab boy can tell you all day but in the end its his car that he might like it but may be for someone like me its too harsh..... BTW you post in the wrong forum section.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by truonghthe
I guess you are still new to the mod play ground, every body has different taste in mods kinda similar to food taste do you like your pizza thin crust or regular, extra cheese? extra sauce? You won't know the outcome unless you test drove someone car with similar set up.

Crab boy can tell you all day but in the end its his car that he might like it but may be for someone like me its too harsh..... BTW you post in the wrong forum section.
Well I posted in the 3rd generation wheel, tires , and suspension section so I didn't really think this thread was out of place and from what I've seen on many other threads, Justnspace seems to know his stuff when it comes to performance parts of the tl, so I don't know. Not saying that everything he says is correct, but he seems knowledgeable enough is this area that what he says shouldn't be taken lightly. With that said engaging in the thought of a H&R front sway bar paired with a progress rear sway bar amd koni springs does have it's "feel good" moments, but I don't want the handling of my car suffer due to the setup.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
H&R front sway bar paired with a progress rear sway bar amd koni springs
that's a SUPERB setup! go for it!
almost the exact same setup I had...

I had aspec springs with koni yellow shocks and the Progress RSB. I didn't want to install the H&R front sway bar, because it involves dropping the subframe. I dont have the time to do that.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
that's a SUPERB setup! go for it!
almost the exact same setup I had...

I had aspec springs with koni yellow shocks and the Progress RSB. I didn't want to install the H&R front sway bar, because it involves dropping the subframe. I dont have the time to do that.
Did I say Koni springs? I meant Koni shocks lol and by the way I have H&R springs coupled with the konis.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 269 Posts
Depending on the which Koni struts you have, you'll have a perfect set up that way. Not too low. Not too high. Not to rough and not too soft. It'll handle great. Not like race track great but for a DD, it'll be perfect.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,583 Likes on 6,630 Posts
killa combination