H&R Coilovers - Squeaky Back Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
H&R Coilovers - Squeaky Back Seats?

So as most of you know, I put in the H&R Coilovers about 4 months ago (dropped about an inch and a half). I complained initially about squeaky spring seats, but VTR (install) said that it was actually normal for lowered cars to "squeak" from the get go; they reassured me that it would eventually go away. Well anyways, it's been about 4 months and the noise has yet to go away; anyone else with the same issues? Hope it's not the coilover itself -_-; loudest and most noticeable in the back right seat

2005 TL/Auto

p.s. I'm slipping A LOT in the front; new strut bar mod needed????

THANK GUYS!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might car isn't lowered but i have the same squeaking noise in the same area. I thought it was my CT bar but its not. I was told it had something to do with the upper mount..like it could be damaged or needs to be lubricated. Something rubber most likey but i haven't had time to look seeing as though i've never removed the suspension on this car and its not as easy as a civic. I need to read up on seat removal. I don't plan on checking until i get my coilovers.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erick3
So as most of you know, I put in the H&R Coilovers about 4 months ago (dropped about an inch and a half). I complained initially about squeaky spring seats, but VTR (install) said that it was actually normal for lowered cars to "squeak" from the get go; they reassured me that it would eventually go away. Well anyways, it's been about 4 months and the noise has yet to go away; anyone else with the same issues? Hope it's not the coilover itself -_-; loudest and most noticeable in the back right seat

2005 TL/Auto

p.s. I'm slipping A LOT in the front; new strut bar mod needed????

THANK GUYS!
Aftermarket coil-overs don't use rubber isolators between the spring ends and their perches. That's what you're hearing. And that's the "dirty little secret" of the aftermarket coil-over world.

It wouldn't be possible to adjust the ride height by turning the lower perch if there was rubber in those places because the perches would bind-up on the spring rather than turning.

I installed Tein Super Streets Ps (SSPs, which include the upper pillow block mounts) on my '06 Accord and hated the car because of squeaking noises coming from the back. That was one of the main reasons I traded it for this TL-S.

The fronts generally aren't as noisy as the backs, since the extra weight up front is apparently enough to dampen the spring "chatter."

Installing aftermarket coil overs on a TL-S seems nuts to me, but to each his own, I guess.