Fuzion ZRi, Anyone using them??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 08:18 PM
2nd Gear

Fuzion ZRi, Anyone using them??

Bought my TL back in October (one of the first in CT). I do a lot of long distance driving and I do like to do it fast. As much as I love this car, I have never liked the stock tires and at 17K miles they were about shot. Was thinking Michelins but then the Bridgestone dealer told me I could save a bit and still have a great tire by trying the Bridgestone Fuzions. To be honest I was leary at first because they are so damn inexpensive but went ahead anyway. (Helps to be poor) I have to say though that I have been pleasantly suprized by them. They handle great on wet and dry and are much quieter than the stock tires the car came with. So I'm wondering if any one else here has tried them and what your experiances have been . Thanks
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:47 PM
Racer

I put new Fuzions all around in my car, 02 TL-S.
Initially, I though they sucked and were very hard and unrefined. They gripped nice, but all new tires should anyway.
Well, Tire Plus put 7 lbs more than they should have.
Well, now that the pressures are at 32-33 where they should be (Its hot here in FL), The ride is much nice. I still get more tire slap when going over ridges or minor bumps, and feel the road just as well as I did with the stock Michelins or the Goodyears (I had a pair of each on my car when I bought it used). Im starting to think it is just the TL-S suspension.
I am still getting used to the look, though I didnt buy it for the look. They were a good deal and I read good reports about them so I went ahead and bought them. I had to wait since there is a back log for them.
Anyone else put them on their vehicle?