Old 03-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eibach and koni or tein basic?

I want the ride to feel like stock
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Ive had Eibach pro kit on for going on 3 years. Love the ride quality but I want to go lower so im considering Teins basic or coilovers.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Konis will be in this week...once I install them with my Eibachs, I'll let you know!

But I expect that the already fantastic ride and handling will be stellar once the Konis are bolted up
Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Both are excellent daily driver setups. KONI/Eibachs offer damping adjustment and TEIN Basics offer ride height adjustment. They are firmer than stock but not stiff.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd go with the Eibach/Koni over Tein Basic if you want a stock feel.

Konis are dampening adjustable, Tein Basics aren't.

Tein SS is a different story.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Question??

Is this koni sp3? http://neuspeed.com/products/product...port&p_id=1935
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John504
Yes, those are the SP3's... they ride great!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
I have koni sp3's w/ eibachs and the ride is firmer, but nowhere near harsh and feels like the aspec suspension with even less body roll....but im dropped almost 2 full inches compared to .75''
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Koni sp3's FTMFW!!! great and comfortable ride with dampening and height adjustments....
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love my tein basics even with it all the way on the bottom. The ride is comfortable to me but as far as stock ride i cant even rememeber. I only had 1k on the car when i installed the basics. But i do like the fact that if i need to raise it up for inspections i can do it.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Intermediate

whats the update on Eibach pro kit and Koni Sports??

is this mix better than Koni sp3??
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSX-718
whats the update on Eibach pro kit and Koni Sports??

is this mix better than Koni sp3??
Funny enough I was going to install the Konis today! But I held off as I think I will need a camber kit since I want to drop the fronts down to the lower perch. So it'll be a while yet...but I haven't ridden with SP3s so I can't answer your question. Apparently the SP3s are valved more aggressively than the Sports though...

I was also looking at my rear tires when it was up on the hoist getting an oil change....definitely some pronounced inner tire wear, may get a rear camber kit as well.

I know some say that camber kits aren't needed for anything less than a 2" drop but an Ingalls kit is cheaper than tires!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
Funny enough I was going to install the Konis today! But I held off as I think I will need a camber kit since I want to drop the fronts down to the lower perch. So it'll be a while yet...but I haven't ridden with SP3s so I can't answer your question. Apparently the SP3s are valved more aggressively than the Sports though...

I was also looking at my rear tires when it was up on the hoist getting an oil change....definitely some pronounced inner tire wear, may get a rear camber kit as well.

I know some say that camber kits aren't needed for anything less than a 2" drop but an Ingalls kit is cheaper than tires!
Take some advice from me and DONT use a camber kit at the moment. Your upper control arms will MURDER the strut tower sheet metal and create big dents when you bottom out because the camber kit's adjustable bolt sits TOO HIGH above the arm. Hold off on it till something comes out which is flush to the top of the upper control arm as Ingall's did later on with the 2G TL. Even on full soft (which allows the most deflection to be put on the shock rather than the upper arm) is still does it on dips and road potholes, even if not extremely severe.

Im currently running this and have chose to avoid certain roads and dips where I know this will happen.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gerzand
Take some advice from me and DONT use a camber kit at the moment. Your upper control arms will MURDER the strut tower sheet metal and create big dents when you bottom out because the camber kit's adjustable bolt sits TOO HIGH above the arm. Hold off on it till something comes out which is flush to the top of the upper control arm as Ingall's did later on with the 2G TL. Even on full soft (which allows the most deflection to be put on the shock rather than the upper arm) is still does it on dips and road potholes, even if not extremely severe.

Im currently running this and have chose to avoid certain roads and dips where I know this will happen.
Yikes! That sounds nasty....any pix which show the issue? This is the first time that I've heard of this problem. Are there any other kits that would be preferable?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yikes! That sounds nasty....any pix which show the issue? This is the first time that I've heard of this problem. Are there any other kits that would be preferable?
I havent taken any pics yet, but I can. There are others who have talked about this sparatically, but most people with 2'' drops are in Cali and don't have potholes and road imperfections like I do in Ohio, so they are probably not seeing this. Also, a large majority of people never do FRONT camber kits and they just deal with the negative camber for the front as it is less severe (usually -1.5 vs. stock specs of -1). In fact, I'm thinking of removing mine! I'll get those pics up this weekend. There are some other kits out there, but they all have this same design from what Ive seen.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gerzand
I havent taken any pics yet, but I can. There are others who have talked about this sparatically, but most people with 2'' drops are in Cali and don't have potholes and road imperfections like I do in Ohio, so they are probably not seeing this. Also, a large majority of people never do FRONT camber kits and they just deal with the negative camber for the front as it is less severe (usually -1.5 vs. stock specs of -1). In fact, I'm thinking of removing mine! I'll get those pics up this weekend. There are some other kits out there, but they all have this same design from what Ive seen.
Hmmmm...interesting....yeah, our roads up here are horrendous as well so this is very concerning... I have the Eibach Pro-Kit as well and I just want to drop down a perch in front on the Sports....I suspect about an 1 1/2" in total on the front. From what I've researched, most say a front camber kit is required....but if not, I'd rather avoid buying one. Although I still may get a set for the rear...

Last edited by Ramrodthrusterpuppy; 05-15-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hmmmm...interesting. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit as well and I just want to drop down a perch in front on the Sports....I suspect about an 1 1/2" in total on the front. From what I've researched, most say a front camber kit is required....but if not, I'd rather avoid buying one. Although I still may get a set for the rear...
While many people, I for one, say that a kit technically is "required" for absolutely NO improper tire wear, you can get away with pretty minimal inside wear with -1.5 camber ( you in perticular will probably be -1.3 if your only dropping 1.5 inches). But all in all, I'd rather not hear the clashing of metal on metal than get some minimal inside wear that wont effect the life of your tires too adversely. Maybe a few thousand miles at best. The rears are definitely more susceptible to HORRIBLE inside wear due the design of the rear suspension as a whole....like -2.2 on a 2'' drop.

Last edited by gerzand; 05-15-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info! Christ! Just when you think you have everything worked out, somethin' crops up!lol Well, glad I heard this now rather than later...although I'd rather have no adverse tire wear...tires are f*cking expensive up here!

Love to see pix when you have time to post them!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the info! Christ! Just when you think you have everything worked out, somethin' crops up!lol Well, glad I heard this now rather than later...although I'd rather have no adverse tire wear...tires are f*cking expensive up here!

Love to see pix when you have time to post them!
No Problem man. I like being a source of advice for people, especially since I have gone through 3 suspension setups before getting everything down pat, with no noise, and the ride quality where I want it... then this issue shows up. Oh well!...its only an hour worth of work to switch it back to stock upper arms.