Deffective tire from tiresavings.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Deffective tire from tiresavings.com

sup guy in new around here and i got some tire issue and is there possibility i can get the new tires from them?

well, i bought this Falken FK-452 tires from Tiresavings.com below above 5 month ago and at first i brings the Tire in to Discount Tire to mount the Tire to the rims and then they install the wheels to the car and i drove the car home and i felt slight vibration on my steering wheel and i brought it back in and i told them i felt slight vitbration on my steering wheel, and they say it because of the low profiles tires that make the steering wheels vibration, so i thought it be find since it just slight vibrate and i kept drove the car with this tires on, so i drove to works everyday and from my home to works it about 2 miles and the more i drove the more felt vibration it get and it get worths and tile now today that i felt unsafe and i bring it in to Sunberg's Automotive and let them do a test drive with me and take the look at the car wheels and they found both front tires to be defective on the inside tire seperated and it cost me $52.74 total. and they told me to dismount the tires from the rims and send them back to tiresavinge.com and it not safe to drive the car with the deffective tires. so i would like to ship the tire back to them and get the new tires becuase of the Deffective tires i got right now. i also got the recieve from the shop and ill Faq it to them and let them take alook by themself.

so my question is, is there a possibility that i can get the new tire from them since i bough form them about 5 mount ago? and i just find out that the tires is deffective today.

so wht do u guy think and wht should i do because i dont wanna put deffective tire on my car becuase of unsafe issue?

??????????

thx all
Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Contact Falken:

Falken Tire Corporation
13649 Valley Blvd
Fontana, CA 92335

PH: 800-723-2553
FX: 800-950-2561

Material and Workmanship Warranty.
Every FALKEN brand radial tire is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the original tread, to 2/32” of the remaining tread depth.

If a tire becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the first 2/32” of tread wear; it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable FALKEN tire.

Thereafter, prorated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to 2/32”. The amount of credit allowed is determined by multiplying the FALKEN dealer’s current selling price for an equivalent new FALKEN tire by the percentage remaining usable tread depth.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Turbonut
Contact Falken:

Falken Tire Corporation
13649 Valley Blvd
Fontana, CA 92335

PH: 800-723-2553
FX: 800-950-2561

Material and Workmanship Warranty.
Every FALKEN brand radial tire is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the original tread, to 2/32” of the remaining tread depth.

If a tire becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the first 2/32” of tread wear; it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable FALKEN tire.

Thereafter, prorated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to 2/32”. The amount of credit allowed is determined by multiplying the FALKEN dealer’s current selling price for an equivalent new FALKEN tire by the percentage remaining usable tread depth.
Word
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Advanced

hey guy i just contact the falken tire coperation and they send me to 1 of they dealer near by which is Discount tire, so i take it in and 1 of the guy work in there take a look at the wheels and he say it a roadhazard and it not a defective tire and then another guy work in there come by and take a look and he say it a defective tire and im like WTF???? well after the first guy explain to the 2nd guy then he say it a roadhazard also. and i told them that i take my car to SUNberg's Automotive and did a test drive and take a look at my wheels and found front tires to be defective on the inside tire seperated and it cost me $52.74 total and i still had my recieve with w/ me and i show it to them and then they started to piss and say that the ppl work at SUNberg Automotive dont know what they r talking about and started to say that they r professonal tire something like that. and i say it to them if it a roadhazard y it only happens to the front wheels and not happen to the rear wheels? i mean if for some how i run into the pothole or anything like that then it woulda been happens to both front and rear wheels?? and then they started to ask me / blame on me by ask me wht preasure im run for the tire i told them i did 37psi all around and they say i sure run 40 psi that wht on the tire said and they kinda laugh at me abit and i told them that i know alot of ppl / Azine that had run even low preasure then i did and they didnt had any problem at all. and then they r Bitching alot and even alot more. bitching.

oh 1 thing that i didnt give out more detail is my wheels brand and side tires. my wheels r Sevas wheels S55 custome color gunmetaland im run Falken FK-452 tires 225/30/20 in the front and 255/30/20 on the rear and since sevas s55 r 8.5, dicount tire say im not supost to run 225/30/20 on 8.5? is 8.5 is too big for 225/30/20? cuase i know alot of Azine w/ saves r run the same us i did and it also an reccomended by SAVES WHEELS itself also.

so did any1 w/ Saves wheels have the same problem like i did w/ the rims/tires spec i did???. or any defective tire like i did? i would like to find this out.

so over all SUNberg's auto said it defecvtive and Discount tire say it roadhazard> so who is WTF? ill post some pic so r Azine can take a look at. so wht if my wheels is it a roadhazard??? wht it gona happen? is that mean it cover no nothing? can any1 help? explain?, idea? help, momy help?

lol thx.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Per the Falken web site, the 225's are to be run on a 8" rim as they offer no other options:

225/3020 85Y Rim size 8.0 - 0.0
255/3020 92Y Rim size 8.5 - 9.5

Very unusual to have 2 tires with manufacturing defects this day and age. Most problems that occur are due to damage while driving, and a 30 series tire with only a 2.5" sidewall height, damage occurs quickly.

If the recommended Falken dealer states it's not a manufacturing defect, not much else you can do, unless you take the tires to another Falken dealer.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
225 is stretching on an 8.5 inch rim, and as sad as it is, its probably the issue of mismatched tires to rims that caused it because the load of the tire was not even as it was designed for.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
I'd sell the front tires on Craigslist and then buy two new ones
Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Advanced

thx alot ppl Azine r rock, well from wht i understance now is that nothing i can do for now, but at list i know/fix my steering wheels problems when i put my stoke wheels back on and nothing els is a problems, my ride run nice and smooth again. but ill bring it to another felken dealer and c wht they statment r the same, that last thing i might try or i have to wait tile next year to get my new tires becuase winter is comming, untile then dismount this roadhazard/defective tires and then i will know 100% for sure if it Roadhazard or defective.

thx again Azine