Cost of replacing complete front suspension passenger side only

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:23 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cost of replacing complete front suspension passenger side only

I was racing a buddy of mine down here in South Florida a few night ago on a small, poorly lit unfortunately, 2 lane back road. I was going around 110 when I nailed a huge pothole that completely bent the rim and knocked the wheel so far off alignment that even the spare rubs the back of the wheel well. Took it to a body shop, they said I need to completely replace the front passenger side suspension, just curious what that should cost me. I've been burned by shops before and just trying to prevent it from happening again. He is going to call me in the morning with the quote, just wanted to get y'all's opinion as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Glad it was a pothole and not a person.
I'd be concerned that the sub-frame might be compromised, but go to a local yard and if you have the OEM suspension, purchase the complete right side assembly. LCA, UCA, Fork, Shock assembly, and check the stabilizer and end link, possibly @ $200.
If damage to the sub-frame can't be seen, replace the entire suspension and then you'll know. Either put it on an alignment rack, or check the measurement each side center of wheel front to rear and compare. Should be the same.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turbonut
Glad it was a pothole and not a person.
I'd be concerned that the sub-frame might be compromised, but go to a local yard and if you have the OEM suspension, purchase the complete right side assembly. LCA, UCA, Fork, Shock assembly, and check the stabilizer and end link, possibly @ $200.
If damage to the sub-frame can't be seen, replace the entire suspension and then you'll know. Either put it on an alignment rack, or check the measurement each side center of wheel front to rear and compare. Should be the same.
Yeah I know, we go wait out into the middle of nowhere to do it. There are no people walking around out there. Maybe a deer or hog or something like that. And thank you, unfortunately none of the local junkyards have any 2007 TL Type S's. I was just trying to inquire how much it would run for a regular shop to replace the entire suspension for that wheel.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
If you're speaking of new parts with list prices, probably @ $1500/$2000 installed without wheel/tire, but if sub-frame is damaged it might be a problem as the part is no longer available for the TLS.
Time to use collision insurance, if you have the coverage on the car.