Cosmis MRII wheel/tire fitment help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cosmis MRII wheel/tire fitment help

What is up my dudes I need some help with wheel/tire fitment. I'm strongly considering getting some 18x8.5 +22 Cosmis MRII for my Type-S. My car is stock height with no plans on lowering it and from what I've read I should be able to use these no problems with a 235/40 tire. I have found 2 people who ran these specs with a 245/40 but both said they had to roll and pull the fenders to make it work. I strongly want to avoid rolling fenders and removing fender liners and all that jazz. I'm hoping someone can help me out as it's been hard to find info on this stuff when sticking to stock suspension/ride height. If any of you pros could help me out I would really appreciate it. I have no problems going with the 235 if it means avoiding fender work but would prefer the meatier 245 if I could.

edit: I mostly want to avoid rolling the fenders because i don't want to scrap the fender liners, is it possible to roll the fenders and keep the liners? Like can you roll them together and it would be fine or nah?

Last edited by BigTurkey; 11-22-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 11-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If you're at stock height, I doubt you'd have any rubbing issues. That could happen though if you lowered your car.

The only issue I would consider would be the offset. A +22 wheel on stock suspension is pretty agressive. You say you found people running these specs, but were they on stock suspensions as well? If not, it would explain why those two guys had to roll and pull their fenders.