Comptech Springs - Sagging Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:53 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
Comptech Springs - Sagging Rear?

Hi guys,

I have the silver Comptech lowering springs on my 05.

Can anyone else who has the same springs chime in and let me know if they are susceptible to spring sag in the rear? It's been like this for a few months now and I'm debating if I should just get a new set of rear struts or if it's due to age of the rear springs over time. If it's the springs, then I am just going to spring for coilovers.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
how long ago you install the spring?
Old 03-31-2017, 01:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
Do you have subs in the trunk or anything like that?

Twin tube shocks like the ones on a (stock) TL have virtually zero affect on ride height, whether they're good or blown.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:08 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by truonghthe
how long ago you install the spring?
I bought the car Spring 2016, the previous owner installed the Comptechs. Not sure of install date though. They are installed in conjunction with OEM struts.

Originally Posted by Roland_Bluntzs
Do you have subs in the trunk or anything like that?

Twin tube shocks like the ones on a (stock) TL have virtually zero affect on ride height, whether they're good or blown.
​​​​​​​
No subwoofers and trunk is virtually empty, minus some basic hand tools e.i. wrenches, screwdrivers, etc...

I have noticed that since winter has started, when going over bumps, I'll hear a clunk noise from the rear. After searching through a few threads, it seems the sound could be rear end links need replacing, but I'm not sure how that could affect ride height. I've also read in the 2G forums that Silver Comptechs had issues on CL/TL, mainly rusting and snapping. Not sure if those issues carried over to the 3G versions but I took a look lastnight and have zero rust on the springs and struts.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:30 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Do you know what version you have? Comptech had a bad batch known to sag in the rear. The springs are grey in color. This was remedied when they rebranded Eibachs and sold those instead.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:05 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by princelybug
Do you know what version you have? Comptech had a bad batch known to sag in the rear. The springs are grey in color. This was remedied when they rebranded Eibachs and sold those instead.
Dang...wonder if mine is a part of that bad batch. The ones I have are grey/silver in color. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to jack car up to look for part numbers due to snow starting here in New England.