Compliance bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Compliance bushings

Hi new 3g type s owner. Already has 3rd cat and resonator delete looking for more gains. Used drop in K&N. Which tune is best way to go?

Any word on the best way to go on the front lower compliance bushings? I have heard of a horrible failure rate for many owners. Oem or heel toe or any others? Plus heard setting to ride height before tightening all bolts helps drastically, is this true?

Next j pipe and headers from obx are cheap but worth it? Comes with pcd's under $400. Do they fit properly
Old 01-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gtltypes
Hi new 3g type s owner. Already has 3rd cat and resonator delete looking for more gains. Used drop in K&N. Which tune is best way to go?

3rd cat and resonator delete gives you no gains in performance; just in sound. K&N filter is oil based; better off with an AEM dry flow filter imo but will need a cold air intake tube to pair with. You are probably better off just deleting intake resonator on your stock intake. You have a Type-S.....get a Hondata FlashPro. There is a member on here IIRC Dom-GTS who can assist you in the tuning process.

Any word on the best way to go on the front lower compliance bushings? I have heard of a horrible failure rate for many owners. Oem or heel toe or any others? Plus heard setting to ride height before tightening all bolts helps drastically, is this true?

Fastline Compliance Bushing; pricey but well worth it in the long run.

Next j pipe and headers from obx are cheap but worth it? Comes with pcd's under $400. Do they fit properly

Jpipe is a preference as they pretty much give out the same results in performance. 3rd gen TL has no headers. High Flow PreCats or PreCat Deletes are your only option.
See in bold

Old 01-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Jpipe is a preference as they pretty much give out the same results in performance. 3rd gen TL has no headers. High Flow PreCats or PreCat Deletes are your only option.

Description for Obx stated headers, and said catless showing pics of the precats, had me laughing. Figured they meant precats deletes considering they are in the same vicinity. Having 3rd cat and resonator deletes frees up flow though correct? Figured J pipe would only help gain properly. K&N is oiless dry filter. Just needs a "gentle" wash so not to tear apart pleates. Fastline bushings, website? Should I buy the press kit to remove the old worn crap, or is there a macgyver way to save money there with sockets and washers? Read up on using sh awd intake mani
3.7 and throttle body. Sound expensive with minor gains. Since I the have type s is replacing rsb worth it? Yes many questions but looking to project this car with only 98k miles already has upgraded blue led interior lighting, hyper white led License plate illumination. Tracklite Motegi's MR131. If I do go bigger mani tb, will also port and polish lower runners to het ready for s/c. Not surewhat brand would go though.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
heeltoe auto is the vendor

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-t...cement-954321/

yes there is macgyver way, just search the site for compliance bushings and there's a huge thread that will come up

get the progress RSB, it helps a lot

your TL vendors are
heeltoeauto
endlessrpm
rv6
xlr8
Old 01-15-2019, 06:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,165 Likes on 876 Posts
I swapped over to Hardrace spherical compliance bearings on my TSX and it literally rattled the car apart lol. A bracket inside the dash came loose. Not sure if TL's are inherently different.

I love the sphericals on my S2000. But hated them on my TSX. Great steering/braking/acceleration response. But the car slammed into bumps like crazy.

Maybe it was the coilovers and tyres I paired them with (MPSS and Tein Comfort Sport).

Anyway...my vote goes to rubber (Genuine Acura) bushings for street use. The OEM ones should last 100K miles or more. That's the point they usually start to fail, in my experience. But I've seen 200K mile ones that still work.

Hardrace makes a hardened rubber set BUT fitment is a gamble...and I since they're harder, they will likely not last as long as OEM.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Intermediate

Ended up going with PCI spherical compliance replacements $188. Bought the press kit from schley $130 because I was having a hard time finding the correct hardware. Can't wait to put them in.. Also pulled the trigger on a new exhaust setup. Tsudo catback with burnt titanium quad tips from SE Motors $640. Pairing with obx pre cat deletes j-pipe $320. Next will be side, front, and rear motor mounts OEM.