Chewed up Wheel - Need Paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chewed up Wheel - Need Paint

Well it was bound to happen and I'm glad I didn't do it. My wife scraped a curb and chewed up a few inches of the stock rim. ( Damn that rim stick out a lot) Bummer as we only have around 1K on the car. She's really carefull but it happens and as I said I'm glad she did it, not me.
Anyway, I pulled the wheel off the car and cleaned up the rough edges and did a quick paint job with some silver paint I had around. It doesn't look too bad but I want to go back and clean it up a little more and match the paint. Anyone know where I can get the correct paint color? Acura will probably has it for $50 bucks or something but there may be alternatives. When I re do it I'll also fill in the deep scratches with something, Bondo? JB Weld? any suggestions. Thanks for the help.

Pete
Old 06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Pete94
. Anyone know where I can get the correct paint color? Acura will probably has it for $50 bucks or something but there may be alternatives. When I re do it I'll also fill in the deep scratches with something, Bondo? JB Weld? any suggestions. Thanks for the help.

Pete
Check out this link for a how-to guide.

I checked around on the internet and found this place for the paint. Other threads have said that Satin Silver Metallic is the color of the wheels.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

Chuck?

Thanks for the reply. The link you inserted in your reply doesn't show up in your post in the Forum but did show up in the notification email I got. ??? Looks like there's some voodoo with inserting links.

I did go to the linked article and it's got good information for anyone needing to repair that type of damage. BTW the damage on the wheel in the article was exactly like the damage I had. I did all the things shown in the article except fill in the scratches.

Here's the Link Chuck sent: (Let's see if this works)

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=30

I think this is going to be a growth industry due to the design of the stock wheels!

Anyone have any experience with the Wurth Silver paint matching our wheels?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Racer

Hmmm, the links work from here when I use either IE or Firefox.

Repairing/repainting our own wheels does seem like a growth industry. I had one rim filled/sanded/repainted to the tune of $125. That is borderline cost effective when a used or takeoff rim can be had through eBay for about the same price.

I'm not sure about the Wurst silver paint. but some people swear that the Acura SSM is a good match.

Chuck