cheapest place to get a-spec yokohama tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:16 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheapest place to get a-spec yokohama tires

whats the cheapest anyone has found the a-spec yokohama tires? i see them on ebay for like $680.00? flynns tires says they will beat any price i bring them and i also heard acura will do the same. any help would be appreciated! and if anyone would recommend a different/better tire for a cheaper price would also be great.
thanks!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine from America's Tire. Check them out at http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do
Old 04-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a young lady on here that goes by Xtin, I saw somewhere that she had a new set for sale. You might want to try PM'ing her.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Racer

i can't vouch from experience, but i've read that they're not worth the money. i've gotten toyo proxes 4 based on user reviews here, and i have no complaints whatsoever.

so if you can't find them, consider toyo's.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hehe..I was in my dealer's parts department discussing a few other things and they had a set of a-spec rims and the Yoko's sitting there, the parts manager comments they would never sell them and the master Acura tech kind of snickers about them... they kinda laughed and said the Yoko's are POSs for the $$ you spend you can get a lot better tire.

They said it's not like it's Turanza EL-42 bad..but they're still not very good tires for performance class tires, go to tirerack.com and get Goodyears, Pirellis's, Proxes, many others that are a lot better for the $$.

Or...go buy some from someone on this board who knew better and didn't put them on their car and has a brand new set to sell you!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:54 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
lol...been running on the A-Spec Yokohamas for a long time and went to Michelin tires for the winter...GLAD to have the Yokos back on....those damn Michelins cost me a fortune, were total peices of shit....ended up exploding due to tire seperation and also duped the rim in the process.....meaning my winter A-spec rim set is useless now!

Nothing but good things here to say about the Yokohamas.....work great for me? I do think it comes to what you expect in a tire though....and too many people go upgrading their tires to "performance tires" and then wonder why they are a bit louder ....which always cracks me up to no end! I mean...if you wanted soft and cushy with no road noise or feedback, why in the heck did you mess with a performance tire? I can tell you the Michelins I had also had that "whine" under acceleration too.....yokos do not...but most all performance tires that are true performance tires and not designed to be a "crossover weekend warrior soft cushy" type thing.....are going to give undesired road noice and feedback that most are in no way used to dealing with. Just my !

This is why Acura chose the Yokohama tires...it is a true performance tire. And why you dealer and many others say they dont like selling them...because truely...most Acura owners just want to talk crap about performance and cant really handle this type of tire. Too many complaints and too problematic for em! Nothing wrong with tire....it is that their customers cant handle the noise and feedback the tire gives.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Burning Brakes

The deal with the Yoko's are they are very soft rubber for better performance. The tire rating is like 220. So they only lasted me 18k before i was down to almost no tread.

I liked the performance of them. I just need to balance the tread wear so they last at least 1 year. I do about 20-22k miles a year and that would mean replacing them about every 10 months.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
They have them on ebay for approx $670 though...by all means don't let me dissuade you I'd probably be happy with them if I got the a-spec kit from the dealership and had these on it.

Personally I plan on switching between winter/summer tires and rims though so any performance tire would be summer only for me, I know they don't work well in winter around here so why try it?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i plan on using my factory wheels/tires in the late fall/ early spring until all the salt is gone here in the burgh. other than that, ill be drivin my beater for the winter. i would hope these tires last me more than a year.