Can someone please name this thing of my Acura TL 2004? and help URGENT :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please name this thing of my Acura TL 2004? and help URGENT :(

Hi Dear Friends today was my worst part of the evening, after the mobile machenic finished the work on my acura cl of changing pressure hose, i asked him to listen the noise coming from right front wheel when the cars gear is put on Drive from P and the steering is turned but the car is in the rest position, when i slowly turn the steering sounds come "TAN" or if the car is standing ideal and i turn the steering the same sounds come from the right wheel somewhere dont know from where..

so i made him check he said that
the thing attached on both ends A nd B on the passenger side was dettached from the A, so this could be the noise , do he unscrewed it put this end under the bolt than tried tightening it, suddenly the thing that is supposed to catch the bolt got disappeared and we tried everything but dont know what is the thing inside that is not catching the bolt, as if theres nothing inside that hole, place is all covered of frame...don't really know how to fix it also is it safe to drive?? pelase HELP URGENT
Old 02-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

This is the location behind front bumpers and very low where the radiator core support ends on both sides....
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Intermediate

Old 02-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm assuming you are speaking of power steering high pressure hose, no?

Was the noise there prior to repair or happened right after repair?

Bolt A (not a nut) is a long 17mm bolt from factory which fastens and holds the aluminum sub-frame onto the high-strength steel chassis. The threads are machined into the frame and it does not use a welded nut. Double check the bolt head size and make sure if you do indeed have an 18mm in there. If so that would lead us to believe that someone has put an oversized / non original bolt and has cross threaded-stripped the threads in the chassis. Difficult to access the threads for repair and sub frame removal may be necessary for further inspection and repair. Take it to the dealer and they may have to involve a machine shop as well.

Bolt B (not a nut) is also a 17mm bolt but much shorter in length. Its threads are machined into the radiator core support. This mounting point holds the bracket which ties the chassis point A and core support point B firmly to increase overall rigidness. This one is much easier to access and repair. You can try thread restorer/chaser or may need to run a tap through it (plain carbon steel tap should work fine in your case).

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Intermediate

my friend no i am not talking about power steering pressure hose that was actually the thing which i got fixed from a mobile machenic

the subframe bracket both ends bolts, i am talking about, the B end bolt has been tighten but the A end bolt took whole life but its not catching anything inside to even hold the bolt i wonder where has the strips gone from inside because before opening this bolt it took hard effort(may be bcz car was wrecked from previous owner and repaired) but the bolt was positioned there fitted its just that the bracket from was out of that bolt so i tried putting back the bracket under the bolt thats the reason i unscrew it, but God...its not even now catching inside strips or fixed nut or strips in chasis singly what to speak of with bracket... ( can some one tell me what is the thing that catches this bolts inside??
machenic tried lifting with jack turned jack every remedy he could but all he find is a space or flatness nt strip inside...

also need to know is it risky to drive it without that bolt?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 239 Posts
Hi, Looks like you are in a bad spot since bolt A is for the subframe to the front rails of the unibody like the other poster commented. Take it to a non mobile auto shop and see what they can do for you, I would repair ASAP.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Intermediate

Got it Partially Fixed.... but The noises still there not sure if its from the balljoint or from the lower control arm... :/