Camber & Offest Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber & Offest Question

I am planning to get the Tein SS coilovers followed by 19x8.5 rims. I plan on dropping the car first, then installing a camber kit since I am going very low. Then plan on putting the rims on. My question would be, would putting the rims on after the drop require me to purchase a seperate camber kit? Since some of the camber kits are required for an XYZ amount of drop I dont know how much of a difference their will be when I put the rims on. Meaning, the diameter of the stock 17 wheel with the stock tires shouldn't be much different then an aftermarket 19' with 235 tires. So I would say no?

Second question - I don't know much about offset so if someone can just give me a simple rundown of how it works....Is it the lower the number the more the rim sticks out and the higher the number the more its pushed in toward the wheel well?? Im looking to slam my car on 19's, basically looking to align the bottom of the fender right above the lip of the rim, so I was looking at a 45 offset and hoping that wont rub. Any input appreciated.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Basit06TL
I am planning to get the Tein SS coilovers followed by 19x8.5 rims. I plan on dropping the car first, then installing a camber kit since I am going very low. Then plan on putting the rims on. My question would be, would putting the rims on after the drop require me to purchase a seperate camber kit? Since some of the camber kits are required for an XYZ amount of drop I dont know how much of a difference their will be when I put the rims on. Meaning, the diameter of the stock 17 wheel with the stock tires shouldn't be much different then an aftermarket 19' with 235 tires. So I would say no?

Second question - I don't know much about offset so if someone can just give me a simple rundown of how it works....Is it the lower the number the more the rim sticks out and the higher the number the more its pushed in toward the wheel well?? Im looking to slam my car on 19's, basically looking to align the bottom of the fender right above the lip of the rim, so I was looking at a 45 offset and hoping that wont rub. Any input appreciated.
hey, you're gonna be running the same setup that i have. Anyways, i would actually suggest getting the rims and suspension done at the same time. i don't think you'd need to get a different camber kit, b/c aren't they adjustable?

you should be ok w/ a 45 offset. Btw, i was lookin' at pics of my car, and i think if you slam the car to the point where the bottom of the fender is right above the lip of the rim, you might have problems. It's gonna be CRAWLING on the ground. Right now, my fender is in line w/ the tire, and i've got a good 5-6" from the ground. Anyways, good luck