Bridgestone Turanza LS-H

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003 | 03:53 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Bridgestone Turanza LS-H

I have a 00 TL- if anyone is looking for replacement tires, I put on the Bridgestone Turanza LS-H 205/60H 16 size (OEM replacement). These tires give an excellent ride and are extremely quiet. I'm just posting in case anyone is looking for decent cost (~$100/tire from tirerack.com), excellent ride, and quiet tires.
Old 10-02-2003 | 12:22 PM
bbb
Intermediate

I have a couple comments about your tire post. Of course this my opinion and not everyone is going to agree with me. Keep in mind tires are about as subjective as asking what is the best color of a car-lol Let me just state for the record many individual judgments about tire handling are perceived and further clouded by comparing new tires with the ones just replaced, which may have 20 to 50K miles on them. In this case, an economy K-mart tire would perceive to handle and stick better…at least for first 3K miles-lol.

I had a couple of reasons why I decided to stick with the original stock tire size on my 00 TL. I was concerned for not only getting best gas mileage, but also didn’t want any inaccuracies on my DVD-based navigation system (no matter how slight). Furthermore, I didn't want to have any hassles with my dealer relative to warranty issues going forward. I do know tons of folks are happy going up a few tires sizes and that’s cool.

I actually went with the Bridgestone Turanza LS-V 205/60H 16. I replaced the original MXV's at 30K miles. I’m very happy with the LS-V. I will say this, Costco has incredible Tire prices. Although I can’t compare prices with all Internet sellers, you will be hard pressed to beat Costco at any local retail tire store. I saved almost $200 over NTB for four tires.

Peace out,

bbb