Blizzak Ws-50

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Blizzak Ws-50

Well, after some snow today and almost rear-ending two people and having massive issues accelerating from a stop, I decided the stock Michelin's were due for the compost heap. They did not have any LM-25's in stock, and I did not want to wait a week to get them.

Went to a local Firestone place, gave me 25% off, essentially one free tire, and mounted up a set of WS-50's for $659.91 out the door.

Initial Reviews:

SNOW: they are great. Initially with the michelins I could be in 4th gear, going 35-40 MPH and floor it with the VSA off and the tires would just spin endlessly until redline. Now, with the WS-50's, I can do the same thing, and there is some spin, but the car just pulls away.

WET: Tires are incredibly grippy. They definitely perform better than the michelins.

HANDLING: I was worried that going with the WS-50 over the LM-25 was going to dissappoint me in terms of handling, but so far, the responsiveness of the tires seems to be equal to the michelins in wet and snow. The steering response is great, and I noticed no loss in performance and no squishyness.

COMFORT: Noticed no difference in ride quality vs the michelins. So far so good....

NOISE: They are noisy, but not unbearable. With the radio on, you cant hear anything. Radio off, slight hum but not irritating. Windows down, you can hear the tires. They have a high-pitched hum, but it could be because they are brand new. Will have to see what happens after a few hundred miles and they break in.

I have yet to test them in the dry as I have only had them on since this afternoon, but I will definietly post back in here with my impressions once the water on the roads dries up.

So far, I am loving them, and I will be putting them on any car I own from now on.

He is also giving me 25% off my 19's in a few weeks, plus both sets I am getting 6 months no interest. Kinda hard to shell out almost $2K for tires in one month, so it will help!