BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

I realize these are relatively new, but has anyone put these on their TL? Feedback?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details

I had been contemplating getting the Conti ExtremeContact DW for my '08 TL.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I had the BFG Comp TA Sports. Not the "2" but they look exactly the same. Average tire. Traction was ok, nothing special. Response, average, braking average, wet traction average. They did have a very stiff sidewall but only average turn-in or response. They were fairly quiet.

Ok tire if you get a good price but don't expect great performance and the ride is a little on the harsh side. Probably not a problem if you're on stock suspension but you might notice it if you're on aftermarket suspension.

Mine started cracking pretty badly after 6 months, so did a friend of mine's on his Mustang as well. These should be on par with the Conti DW.

What is your main priority?

Last edited by I hate cars; 04-01-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=I hate cars;13668808]
Mine started cracking pretty badly after 6 months, so did a friend of mine's on his Mustang as well. These should be on par with the Conti DW.

e but don't expect great performance and the ride is a little on the harsh side. What is your main priority?
QUOTE]

I'm not an aggressive driver, so I'd prefer a quiet, long-lasting all-season (except snow) tire under $200 apiece.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
My experience with the first gen. of BFG Comp TA is similar to IHC. Tire was nothing spectacular, somewhat harsh ride and extremely noisy. They lasted less than 30k miles (I couldn't wait to replace them because of the noise). I did replace them with Conti Extreme Contact DW, and couldn't be happier. They seem to grip better than BFG (dry & wet), they're quiet and ride much smoother. The ONLY advantage I would give the BFG is cornering (stiffer sidewall), but not by much. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by NetDiver
My experience with the first gen. of BFG Comp TA is similar to IHC. Tire was nothing spectacular, somewhat harsh ride and extremely noisy. They lasted less than 30k miles (I couldn't wait to replace them because of the noise). I did replace them with Conti Extreme Contact DW, and couldn't be happier. They seem to grip better than BFG (dry & wet), they're quiet and ride much smoother. The ONLY advantage I would give the BFG is cornering (stiffer sidewall), but not by much. Good luck with your decision.
That sounds like an easy choice based on your experiences with both. I got rid of both the G-force Sports and KDW-2 long before they were worn out, just didn't care for them and the KDW-2s were incredibly noisy. I'm pretty picky, but I like my current tires enough that I've bought 3 sets so far which is a record for me.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just changed up form a set of Goodyear Eagle GT's to a set of Pirelli PZero Nero A/S. The Pirelli's are softer riding due to a much softer sidewall. So if comfort is what you're looking for the Pirelli's will suffice at $159.00 each at America's Tire right now. They don't have the turn in response of the Goodyear's, but I don't fault them, I just adapt to the change. They also don't wander in the ruts/grooves the way the GT's did.

I was comparing the reviews between the DWS's and the Pirelli's and went with the Pirelli's and I'm glad I did. Of course, without trying the Conti's I don't really know if I've gained or lost some
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts
opinions always vary on tires. I think it is because we can't really compare 2 new tires side by side. We either compare old vs new... or its been so long since we traded, we forgot .. haha and our only measuring tool is "seat of the pants".. And we dont drive the same routes everyday with the same conditions and with the same amount of oil on the roads, with the same length of time between rains.. So how can you really tell for sure? Traction varies. Maybe ride quality and cornering is easier to tell.. anyway.. this guy has another opinion about Pzero. I have no opinion on them.

Last edited by Chad05TL; 01-08-2017 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (01-09-2017)