BC racing with swift springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC racing with swift springs?

Looking into buying bc coilovers & don't know if I should get the ones with swift springs. I wanna know What's the differences with regular bc racing coilovers than bc racing coilovers with swift springs? Is the ride better or ???
Old 01-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 288 Posts
The swift springs tend to be more performance oriented and a bit stiffer, at least from what I've gathered for other cars. If you're looking for something for daily driving you might want to look into a TEIN coilover as we have 20% off MSRP on them right now. The BC coils with the Swift springs will cost you significantly more.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...n-sale-940914/
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 150 Posts
Yeah, the BC coils with swift spring are more suited for those who are looking to run fender to lip slammed, and not get much bouncing. However, I am running the BC coils with standard BC springs and have not had any issues. If you're looking for quality lowering performance, I would stick with the BCs. BC's allow you to adjust comfort settings along with dampening adjustments and come fully assembled so you just pull out the old and install the new.

It all depends on what you are looking for in lowering performance....Tein coilovers come in disassembled and you have to reuse the stock top hats, or buy new ones, so you have to assemble the coils before you can install, there are 3 levels of Tein coils, i'm not sure if any of come fully assembled or not.

a good runner up for coils would the ISC, those also come fully assembled (as far as I know) i know a few guys running those and haven't had issues. I know some of the guys running teins have sold them and went BC instead...

good luck
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
The Tein Flex are full body coilovers and they will cost in the same ball park as BCs.

like stated before it all depends on your lowering goals man. stupid slammed or you just wanna close the wheel gap?
Old 02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosejars
Yeah, the BC coils with swift spring are more suited for those who are looking to run fender to lip slammed, and not get much bouncing. However, I am running the BC coils with standard BC springs and have not had any issues. If you're looking for quality lowering performance, I would stick with the BCs. BC's allow you to adjust comfort settings along with dampening adjustments and come fully assembled so you just pull out the old and install the new.

It all depends on what you are looking for in lowering performance....Tein coilovers come in disassembled and you have to reuse the stock top hats, or buy new ones, so you have to assemble the coils before you can install, there are 3 levels of Tein coils, i'm not sure if any of come fully assembled or not.

a good runner up for coils would the ISC, those also come fully assembled (as far as I know) i know a few guys running those and haven't had issues. I know some of the guys running teins have sold them and went BC instead...

good luck
there are 4 tein models now, and 1 of them is fully assembled. the tein street flex is their top model and comes pre-assembled and gives you height and preload adjustment. me and a few other members are running them, they are awesome. and you can get them for under 1000 shipped
Old 02-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
+1 on the Teins Street Flex.