Anyone running Vossen CV3 wheels or replicas? I need some fitment help, and photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Anyone running Vossen CV3 wheels or replicas? I need some fitment help, and photos

I've spent hours browsing the CV3 threads here and on the net, but I haven't found all the information I'm looking for. Most of the CV3 setups are staggered. I'm interested in running the 10" width all-around for maximum concavity (the wide width has twice as much concavity), and I want to keep all 4 the same so that I can rotate them.

Here is what I'd like to know. Will the 10" width at ET35 fit all-around without using out-of-spec camber or fender pulling to make them fit? I am lowered approximately 2 inches with rolled rear fenders.

I'm probably going to go with something similar to the CV3s, such as the STR Racing 607s. They are available in the following (how close of a match are they to the CV3s)?

19x10 ET35
20x10 ET35

STR 607 SILVER WITH MACHINED FACE | STR RACING

Another thing I can't decide is whether to go with 19s or 20s. I know there's a KBP TL with 20" CV3s that appear too large (maybe it's not lowered enough?), but the TL on the Vossen website has 20s, and they don't look too big to me (the website says 19s but I contacted them, and they told me they're 20s).

Acura TL on VVSCV3 Wheels

What tire size would be good to use all-around without excessive stretching? Right now, I'm on 235/40R18s on 18x8s. Front offset is 30, rear is 25 (rear camber is set to -1.4, front is stock, I'm dropped around 2"). The tires can't poke anymore due to rubbing. A 10" wide ET35 wheel would extend 20mm in the front and 15mm in the rear.

However, if I still run a 235 tire on the 10" wide rim, the sidewall would actually retract ~5mm in the front since the centerline of the wider wheel is retracted compared to the 8" right? Right now, the front tire tread touches the fender liner occasionally (I can see marks on the liner), and if I go over a speed bump and turn, the fender slices into the tread, taking out chunks of tire. Maybe I should try rolling the front fenders.

Anyway, if you happen to have pictures of TLs on 19 or 20" CV3s or similarly styled wheels, I'd love to see them.

I wonder what they'd look like if I had the insides painted Laguna Seca Blue. I wish I could paint my NBP that color, but maybe painting the wheels is the next best thing (anyone know how to use photoshop to paint the insides of the wheels?).

I got that idea after seeing this.

I really like the look of these wheels on the TL.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 87 Posts
I've been trying to research this very same topic with no luck thus far. But I will definitely subscribe to this thread and hopefully we can get results.
The following users liked this post:
robocam (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
to answer your most basic question.... a 10inch wheel will not fit upfront without major surgery.

with my moddest 18x9.5 +22 and stretched 245 tire, my fender ate up the tire...

i cut out the tab and it's a little better but would need a roll and maybe a pull to comfortably fit a meatier tire in there.

You'll need to play with camber and tire stretching to get your 10inch wide rims to fit.

Last edited by justnspace; 12-31-2014 at 09:46 AM.
mrkingstonvi (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Pro

I remember when you bought those from the Evo =) Did you ever change the camber to make them fit? How much are you dropped?

Your 9.5" ET22 wheels extend an extra 7mm compared to the 10" ET35s I'm interested in, and your 245 tires are slightly wider. If your wheels were retracted 7mm, would they still rub?

The centerline of the 10" rim is retracted ~5mm compared to my current 8" setup. If I run the same width 235 tire, wouldn't that mean that the edge of the tire tread should end up retracted ~5mm as well?

The people at STR Racing also said that it would be safe to shave 5mm off the back of the wheel. I'm hoping I won't need this done because that just means more money gone.

There are also a few people running 10" all-around in the wheel thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/tires-w.../#post14882684

Oh, and what is this tab you cut? I've read about that before, but I never found out what it was.

Originally Posted by justnspace
to answer your most basic question.... a 10inch wheel will not fit upfront without major surgery.

with my moddest 18x9.5 +22 and stretched 245 tire, my fender ate up the tire...

i cut out the tab and it's a little better but would need a roll and maybe a pull to comfortably fit a meatier tire in there.

You'll need to play with camber and tire stretching to get your 10inch wide rims to fit.

Last edited by robocam; 12-31-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:40 AM
Pro

No one? How about those running 19x10" or 19x9.5" wheels up front? I'm curious about offsets and tire sizes that fit.

I found these replicas available in a 9.5" width, so maybe that 0.25" less poke might help them fit better (and I wouldn't have to stretch the tires either since 9.5" is within spec for a 235/35R19). Too bad they're only available staggered, so I'd have to buy two sets and sell the fronts. Anyone try these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131158209591?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 04-20-2015, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Str wheels on tl 08

I just bought STR wheels for my TL 08 and 19by10 and i was wondering if I should put 245/30/19 or should I go with 235/35/19? Please help thanks
Originally Posted by robotam
I've spent hours browsing the CV3 threads here and on the net, but I haven't found all the information I'm looking for. Most of the CV3 setups are staggered. I'm interested in running the 10" width all-around for maximum concavity (the wide width has twice as much concavity), and I want to keep all 4 the same so that I can rotate them.

Here is what I'd like to know. Will the 10" width at ET35 fit all-around without using out-of-spec camber or fender pulling to make them fit? I am lowered approximately 2 inches with rolled rear fenders.

I'm probably going to go with something similar to the CV3s, such as the STR Racing 607s. They are available in the following (how close of a match are they to the CV3s)?

19x10 ET35
20x10 ET35

STR 607 SILVER WITH MACHINED FACE | STR RACING

Another thing I can't decide is whether to go with 19s or 20s. I know there's a KBP TL with 20" CV3s that appear too large (maybe it's not lowered enough?), but the TL on the Vossen website has 20s, and they don't look too big to me (the website says 19s but I contacted them, and they told me they're 20s).

Acura TL on VVSCV3 Wheels

What tire size would be good to use all-around without excessive stretching? Right now, I'm on 235/40R18s on 18x8s. Front offset is 30, rear is 25 (rear camber is set to -1.4, front is stock, I'm dropped around 2"). The tires can't poke anymore due to rubbing. A 10" wide ET35 wheel would extend 20mm in the front and 15mm in the rear.

However, if I still run a 235 tire on the 10" wide rim, the sidewall would actually retract ~5mm in the front since the centerline of the wider wheel is retracted compared to the 8" right? Right now, the front tire tread touches the fender liner occasionally (I can see marks on the liner), and if I go over a speed bump and turn, the fender slices into the tread, taking out chunks of tire. Maybe I should try rolling the front fenders.

Anyway, if you happen to have pictures of TLs on 19 or 20" CV3s or similarly styled wheels, I'd love to see them.

I wonder what they'd look like if I had the insides painted Laguna Seca Blue. I wish I could paint my NBP that color, but maybe painting the wheels is the next best thing (anyone know how to use photoshop to paint the insides of the wheels?).

I got that idea after seeing this.

I really like the look of these wheels on the TL.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Racer

Here's my new wheel setup! I'm running 20x10 Squared

Originally Posted by mrkingstonvi
New Wheels!
Now here comes the new setup! Rolling on XO Luxury St. Thomas Wheels 20x10 +42 All Around Wrapped in 245/35/20 Nankang Tires.

I present to you a video I shot & edited myself. This is my first attempt at an edit like this but it came out better than I expected. I will continue to learn some more tricks/techniques & making more vids so stay tuned (Make sure you hit that HD button!)

Ground Z3R0 The Intro - YouTube
robocam (09-09-2019)
Old 07-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Pro

What tire size did you end up using? I'm interested to know how it turned out. Did you go with 19x10 on all four corners? What offset? Does it rub? Are you lowered?

Originally Posted by Raufyboy01
I just bought STR wheels for my TL 08 and 19by10 and i was wondering if I should put 245/30/19 or should I go with 235/35/19? Please help thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Pro

Anyone here running 20x10 or 19x10 CV3s all-around?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Racer

I ran 20x10 XO Wheels all around
Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Pro

Thanks! Do the fronts ever rub? Did you have to roll your front fenders?

I also noticed that you changed your radio. Can you talk about that process? Did you lose any functionality that the stock radio had? Did you bypass the stock amp? Did you run your own speaker wires? Did you have to use a mounting kit or custom brackets, or does the Pioneer just bolt in? Did you need to add any trim around the Pioneer? I'm curious how you dealt with the two semi-circles for the stock knobs.

Do you have any pictures of your dash? I'd like to see what the radio looks like along with everything else.

I really like that Pioneer has a 13-band EQ with auto EQ, so I'm thinking about trying that out. Did you try out that feature? If so, did you like the results?

What does the resistor mod do for the stock screen?

Do you lose the built-in Bluetooth and navigation sound (and gain the Pioneer's Bluetooth)?

I just installed a nav video interface in my 2006 so that I could add a back up camera, and I just purchased a brand new Bluetooth module. If I can do all this with the Pioneer, that would be great. I've always wanted to add an EQ to my system but thought that it would be too much trouble. I considered installing a 1/3 octave EQ in the trunk. Seeing that you added a double DIN unit to your TL makes me really happy that I might be able to have that in mine.

Originally Posted by mrkingstonvi
I ran 20x10 XO Wheels all around

Last edited by robocam; 11-03-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:41 AM
Racer

Do the fronts ever rub? Did you have to roll your front fenders?

Fenders are rolled & slightly pulled. It doesn't rub.

I also noticed that you changed your radio. Can you talk about that process? Did you lose any functionality that the stock radio had?
Only functionality lost is the voice for navigation.

Did you bypass the stock amp?

I did bypass the stock amplifier

Did you run your own speaker wires?

Yes

Did you have to use a mounting kit or custom brackets, or does the Pioneer just bolt in?

I used a mounting kit by Krank It Up but you can get one much cheaper on eBay.

Did you need to add any trim around the Pioneer?

I did not need to trim anything, it fit perfectly.

I'm curious how you dealt with the two semi-circles for the stock knobs.

Semi circles are still there, the mounting kit frame fills it but later I will have the trims filled and either painted or carbon fiber.

Do you have any pictures of your dash?
I'd like to see what the radio looks like along with everything else.

PM your phone number and I can text you pics

I really like that Pioneer has a 13-band EQ with auto EQ, so I'm thinking about trying that out. Did you try out that feature? If so, did you like the results?

I haven't used the auto eq but I love that you can adjust front speakers and rear speakers independently

What does the resistor mod do for the stock screen?

It allows you to operate the Nav. With out it you won't be able too

Do you lose the built-in Bluetooth and navigation sound (and gain the Pioneer's Bluetooth)?

Yes you do.

I just installed a nav video interface in my 2006 so that I could add a back up camera, and I just purchased a brand new Bluetooth module. If I can do all this with the Pioneer, that would be great. I've always wanted to add an EQ to my system but thought that it would be too much trouble. I considered installing a 1/3 octave EQ in the trunk. Seeing that you added a double DIN unit to your TL makes me really happy that I might be able to have that in mine.
robocam (11-08-2015)