Alignment Question/Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Alignment Question/Help

Just had the new Super Sports installed and had the car aligned. I asked them to set the toe to -0.02 degrees for each wheel.

The sheet shows: -0.02, 0.00, 0.02, 0.01

Is this a difficult spec to meet or should I go back and ask that it is changed to what was asked for? I don't understand why it wouldn't be set to what I asked for, but I have also never tried to align a car myself. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Also the car does not pull to either side on the highway, but the steering wheel is off center when keeping it straight. I have already told the shop this and they have said that they would fix and were very apologetic. Kind of frustrating... at least the tires have tons of grip

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
just a fyi, the numbers they gave you are within factory specs.

if its possible, set the toe to zero on all four when you take it back for them to straighten out wheel.

there is easily 10-15 of these same threads started since Ive joined. maybe take a search around. lots of good advice in each one.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shenrie
just a fyi, the numbers they gave you are within factory specs.
I am aware of this.

if its possible, set the toe to zero on all four when you take it back for them to straighten out wheel.
Thanks for the suggestion, but if I wanted 0.00 degrees I would have said that I want 0.00 degrees. I understand the dynamics of suspension settings. I do not understand how difficult it is to actually fine tune it with a wrench. If it is that difficult then I wont spend too much energy trying to get them to get it right.

there is easily 10-15 of these same threads started since Ive joined. maybe take a search around. lots of good advice in each one.
The answer to my question is not in any azine thread. You will find it very difficult to prove me wrong. Please feel free to try if you would like. I will happily eat my words if it means getting an answer before tomorrow morning.