Air suspension question for any bagged tl owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Air suspension question for any bagged tl owners

I recently installed air suspension on my TL. I went with airlift 3P management system with D2 Struts. I noticed an issue with the front struts lifting up my car. My rear can lift to drive up with about 60 psi. The front of my car doesn't begin to lift until about 115 psi and at around 135 psi i can drive but i am still sitting pretty low. How much psi are you guys running at the front for drive height? I am worried of blowing my bags if i go up too high in order to lift the front any more. If anyone has any recommendations that would be awesome, thanks!
Old 01-24-2019, 01:52 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a TL owner, but I have a lexus on airlift struts. i'm assuming d2 struts are the bag over coil design. you're supposed to have a designated bag pressure for your "drive height". exceeding that pressure will result in catastrophic malfunction. You should be able to just adjust the coilover as you would a regular coilover.

The way I adjusted my ride height was to air up to my driving psi, then measure how much higher i needed to go. then I adjusted my coilover accordingly. It should have the correct pressure in your manual